Technical Any Tipo Experts Near Me?

Currently reading:
Technical Any Tipo Experts Near Me?

Hi,

Is there anyone here within 60 miles of Cardiff that can service a 1992 Tipo 1.4 S? It's been off the road a couple of years and is running rough. Could probably do with the timing belt doing, brake flush and diagnose rough idle. Car stalls when revs drop quickly, like stopping at a junction. I can sometimes put choke on but doesn't always work. Sometimes she idles high over 2000 revs and other times drops and stalls. Noticed it gets worse if lights are on so could it be electrical, bad earth? Failed last mot on emissions, bad idle too. Could it be sensors? Not sure how to diagnose without a OBD lol. Adjusted idle but now not sure if carb needs tuning properly and checked timing with strobe which seems ok. New battery fitted last week but symptoms same. Need to get it through MOT.

Cheers,

Dom

That's sound like the fun problems I used to like fixing, however, 400+ miles is a bit far for a jaunt

I figured out the rough idle, stalling, it was an easy fix. Turns out my idle control screw was all the way out. I screwed it in until she idles warm at 800rpm and she is now running sweet. No longer stalling at junctions. Not sure why it was like that! Fingers crossed for MOT.

Just sailed through MOT after being stood for 18months. Just needed one rear brake compensator. Can't be many rust free Tipos like mine left! Looking forward to showing off next summer at some meets.

Attachments

• 20230812_173452.jpg
    20230812_173452.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 41
Back