The Mansion House, Hill of Tarvit, Cupar
Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 01:00 AM
Until: Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 04:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Can confirm that Barbara and I will be bringing a Panda to this. :D

We are are camping in North Wales (Snowdonia) the following weekend so have decided to make a twelve day round trip of it as our main holiday this year, taking in Scotish west coast and Lake district too :eek:.

Can't do any of these beautiful areas justice in such a short space of time but will act as a taster for future visits I'm sure.

Recommendations for great driving roads and good B&B's welcome.

Can confirm that Barbara and I will be bringing a Panda to this. :D

We are are camping in North Wales (Snowdonia) the following weekend so have decided to make a twelve day round trip of it as our main holiday this year, taking in Scotish west coast and Lake district too :eek:.

Can't do any of these beautiful areas justice in such a short space of time but will act as a taster for future visits I'm sure.

Recommendations for great driving roads and good B&B's welcome.

Sounds like an excellent road trip (y) I am hopefully going to do a 900 mile round trip in the Y10 for this years Festival of Speed at Goodwood :eek:

Lots of great roads for you to sample. Either before or after the Scottish Italian Car Day, I would explore the Fife coast roads and make sure you have a pit stop at the Ship Inn in Elie.

This is a bit off topic for this thread but over on the west coast the A82 up past Loch Lomond to Glencoe is a must for the scenery alone. When heading south I have found that rather than the M74 take the M77 then cut off at Ayr and take the A713 to New Galloway. 56 miles of excellent fast A road. A stop over at the The Steam Packet Inn, Isle of Whithorn could be an option. A lovely sleepy little fishing village.

As for the Lakes, Hardknott Pass is always good for a laugh :devil: If you plan on camping there are some great sites at Wasdale Head and also Side Farm, Patterdale to name just two. However if you want a roof over your head, the Drunken Duck, Ambleside is a lovely spot but not the cheapest.

I could go on but hopefully this give you some ideas.

Cheers

Dave

Still coming, have to get a shift on to get Grumbleweed ready now! can't believe it's only 3 weeks away.
Absolutely second the Glencoe drive recommendation Vern, If you only get to Scotland once, you have to do that road! Used to live in Clydebank so every so often it was just compulsory to saddle up and blow the cobwebs off up there.

its quite a long way north but the Bealach na Bà (pass of cattle) over to Applecross is the closest thing to an alpine mountain road. Goes from sea level to about 630 meters. Its worth the trek , Its supposed to be the scariest road in Britain but as long as your good at passing places its fine.

Last edited:
my brother had it done, but looked a proper job, door shuts, interior, underbonnet, the works. Ended its days in hammerite white with my father in law.
Gearbox is still in Grumbleweed so it should be heading up to the show at the end of the month(y) (see, back on topic now:D)

10 more sleeps, time to start polishing, woohoo. Loving the new location, approx 3 min drive from my front door, happy dayz :)

Updated list based on FS and FF threads!

If I haven't listed your motor below can you please copy and paste including the motor your planning on taking, so we can plan our stand as best as!

Cheers

1)firstcar-Y10 - CLASSIC PANDA
2)Martyn - MK2 PUNTO
3)Venters + Neeny - CLASSIC PANDA
4)Andi_F - GRANDE
5)Craig aka Johno - STILO
6)Jodie - GRANDE
7)Alex - GRANDE
8)Brad G - MK2 PUNTO
9)Marti155 - CLASSIC PANDA
10)Harper - GRANDE
11)gengis - SPIDER