Save the marquee!!!

Currently reading:
Save the marquee!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds to me like he's had that up for 6 months. Not using it for what it's designed

Think the giveaway was when he stated he 'Had to take it down during the high winds'. They aren't designed to be left up for extended periods of time, hence the clue in the name 'Event Shelter'.....

There are some bad reviews for them on the internet and in truth we nearly didn't buy ours because we read some of them. However, what changed our minds was talking to a colleague of mine whose shooting club (target not rabbits or other animals before Dave gets upset) regularly uses them. He couldn't recommend them highly enough and reckoned the bad reviews were from people who expected too much of the product (permanent structure? yeah right :rolleyes:) or didn't follow the instructions when putting them up. Hmmmn, sounds suspiciously like a few rogue Fiat owners who expect them to work flawlessly after years of abuse and no oil change :(

It's also worth noting that the prices of these do fluctuate and are cheaper out of season. We picked ours up in March when the prices were just beginning to go up again

Think the giveaway was when he stated he 'Had to take it down during the high winds'. They aren't designed to be left up for extended periods of time, hence the clue in the name 'Event Shelter'.....
a lot of events are windy, that's what killed the professional pop ups we used to use and the reason we bought the marquee.

Maybe it's me or maybe it's the weather, but I am so fed up of YOU going on about everything in an effort to put YOUR point of view. I don't want to hear about your tent.
What we need are sensible ideas and offers of help on the days we need to erect whatever we use.

Sorry to everyone else, but this is my last comment on this topic, I have had enough of his endless wittering. :(

a lot of events are windy, that's what killed the professional pop ups we used to use and the reason we bought the marquee.

I absolutely refuse to believe that a decent pop up will get damaged in the wind (unless of course it's a full on Gail in which case we wouldn't put it up) and won't except that as a reason for not using one. These pop ups will have had alsorts of testing for that reason and I'm sure they will be strong enough to do the job in moderate wind conditions. In the past we've had to take our marquee down for wind reasons so we would just use a bit of common sense when it comes to the wind and if it's put up properly and packed away nicely I see no reason why it wouldn't last us for years.

I have a steel framed folding gazebo that I use for events. It looks really strong but in reality any sort of side wind will collapse one side. Especially annoying when it's raining. I paid £100.

Professional gazebos cost at least £200 for 3m x 3m but are stronger and quicker to erect.

However having seen them all in action I believe a pro spec Coleman event shelter is the best bet. It's shape makes wind less of an issue and rain can't pool on the top sides. The professional versions can stand the (ab)use. The lesser version probably not.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I absolutely refuse to believe that a decent pop up will get damaged in the wind (unless of course it's a full on Gail in which case we wouldn't put it up) and won't except that as a reason for not using one. These pop ups will have had alsorts of testing for that reason and I'm sure they will be strong enough to do the job in moderate wind conditions. In the past we've had to take our marquee down for wind reasons so we would just use a bit of common sense when it comes to the wind and if it's put up properly and packed away nicely I see no reason why it wouldn't last us for years.
its all in a thread some where maybe back stage, another club (cwc) rang me gaz and stu to get back to our stand asap as it had blown to bits, luckily we had it tied to gaz's car with a tow rope or we could have ended up with a big bill damage to others cars, this was a professional one that i had bought for a lot of money after normal pop up one suffered similar fate at gaydon the year before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back