royal mail strike

Currently reading:
royal mail strike

I have a delivery that I was hoping for today which I bet won't have been sent today so I miss out :(

Sorry I meant I was hoping for a delivery today but I knew it wouldn't come (it didn't) so now I won't get it tomorrow (nor probably Saturday).

W-w-w-waankkers... ;)

You know I am just kidding Custard :) I will be out of the country anyway so suck on that Mr Postal Workers Union Man.

well back again :(
so the union are now going with a staggered strike pattern
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6905162.stm
what this means for the customer/royal mail is a higher impact.
eg one day the mail cenres(sorting offices) close,next day the distribution drivers,next day the delivery posites go on 24 hour strikes.
this could cause major delays on mail.

dunno about you but were fed up of it.we are now looking at a minimum of 3 days wages lost so are getting into an area where regardless of the wage rise we will lose out per annum.
talking at work we would prefer a work to rule however this doesnt have the impact of a strike so the union is less likely to push for it.

its all ego's now,both RM and the union have dug their heals in and both need to 'win'.

so its a week today it starts.i dont have info on how its going ot be broken down but will update when i know.

Yeah was talking to a postie mate of mine. He's not for the strike action either and was hating the single day stuff, cos he was losing out on a days pay and then the next day having to do double delivery.
He reckons the 3 day stuff has more chance of working but again he wants to lose out on 3 days pay even less.
Work to rule always seems the best option to me. But then it has to be over a long period of time to have any effect.

work to rule in my office at least would have an impact from day one. we dont take our break in the mornings and most come in early.
so we would start later and most likey not finish our delivery in our time so would fail to finish.
this would be pouched back to the office for the next,and the cycle continues which under work to rule couldnt be cleared with no overtime.
same goes for overtime,without buys covering duties on overtime the office would struggle every day as we are understaffed.

W W Waa Waaa Waaa...... ;)

It's ok this time, I don't have anything in the post. RM and RM's workforce are trying the public's patience though.

Back