royal mail strike

Currently reading:
royal mail strike

just for those that dont know there is a national mail strike this friday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6227916.stm

now that means no deliveries,no collections from PO's,mil boxes etc
thursday and saturday are as per normal however there will be a backlog runnig into the next week.
post offices mmay be closed depending on there set up,size,union membership.
its down to the individual po's howeever if there are no mail collections then no mail is going out of the po anyway

Good job my mum doesn't work at the Post Office anymore :), no doubt she would of been getting stick from customers. :rolleyes:

oo you will all get the sack and they will import people to do your job for half the money.
people who will actually deliver my jelly beans and not eat them :mad:

thats part of the problem dave.theres already people who can do the job for half the money.
there called rivals however RM isnt allowed to cut its prices ;)

god damn privatisation. you'd never have this problem in the public sector ;)

and dave, did some thieving scum eat your free sample of jelly beans? I would eat their supply of dog biscuits, then see who's laughing when the neighbours dog eats them rather than the provided biscuit*

*which they stopped issuing to posties years back, and our dog gets worse everyday with him. one day, the dog WILL get the postie because some cheapscate wasteed the dog biscuit money :bang:

I've spoken to my postie about this and i give them my full support. Its not right that the workers who have pulled the company out of such a depression are being treated so badly while the fatcats at the top of the food chain receive larger and larger bonuses. Go Posties! I used to be a postie and 99% of them are the salt of the earth. Its appaling that people who have worked for Royal Mail for near on 40 years are being forced out due to poor pay increased workloads and terrible working conditions.

TTT
right tis going ahead tomorrow.
post offices may or may not be open depending on there own staffing set ups.
delivery offices 'should' be open and manned by management and anyone not following the strike action.
most likely you willo be able to collect any packets etc you have red cards fro.
however dont bother going down looking for mail as it wont be there.
supposedly any special deliveries sent today will be delivered (maybe? ;) however whether the get that done is another issue altogether

Back