Tuning road legal sports exhaust PUNTO MK1 SPORTING

Currently reading:
Tuning road legal sports exhaust PUNTO MK1 SPORTING

mex87

hi there ive got a PUNTO sporting MK1 but 2day my girlfriend(gota mk4 astra) got pulled over and the police sound check her exhaust it passed......did it **** faild big time.lol.sportex twin 3" pipe BACK BOX ONLY!!
BEWAR IF U HAVE THIS!!! INO ALOT OF PEEPPS HAVE

im lookin 4 a performnce/sports exhaust 4my sporting thats bin sound tested can sum1 point me in the rite direction pls.i dnt nothing loud just sporty sound and better gas flow.already have induction kit sounds awsome low revs and passed 4.000 RPM !!!

ive got a japspeed catback system, not too loud but got a really nice tone to it, cost bout £280

is it sound tested ????.
the police are driving around my area with a EXHAUST NOISE TESTER !!!! everyones getting done !!!!
it has to be under 82db or really really close, if not its a fine and if your caught driving with a the same exhaust they will take your car off you!!!

it went thru a mot fine with it, with the noise and emissions if that means anything lol ?

is it sound tested ????.
the police are driving around my area with a EXHAUST NOISE TESTER !!!! everyones getting done !!!!
it has to be under 82db or really really close, if not its a fine and if your caught driving with a the same exhaust they will take your car off you!!!

From Direct Gov:
"Road vehicles
The noise levels for cars used on a public road is 74 decibel (dB(A)). Most vehicles produce lower levels.
Off-road vehicles and direct injection diesels are allowed to be 1 dB(A) louder. These allowances can be combined, so the limit for an off-road vehicle with a direct injection diesel engine is 76 dB(A).
It’s illegal to modify the exhaust system to make a vehicle noisier after it has been ‘type approved’ (checked it meets environmental and safety standards). The police can also take action if your vehicle's silencer doesn’t work or if you’re driving in a way that creates too much noise."
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelA...educingroadcongestionandpollution/DG_10025601

74db is very quiet. Cat snoring?

ha ha, my xbox makes 24db of noise and it drives me mad! high pitched noise.
I don't think 74db is quite. my car exhaust (No back box) is making 80db and can be heard from around the block.:( - Needs to be replaced.

i dont fink 74db is loud enough my dog can bark at 79-82db.lol.but the copper said 82db is the limit and IVE BIN TOLD if you can get your car under 90db you wont get fined or told to change your back box..dont hold me to this tho......

Back