Technical Right headlight not working

Currently reading:
Technical Right headlight not working

Pek

My right low beam is not working but the high beam is. I have new headlights (both) and they are ok. Resistors and relay are ok, too (checked). Where could the problem be?

Try swapping the bulbs, just too double check it is the car, and not the bulb. Oh, and just in case you've forgotten - don't forget not to touch the bulbs glass :)

Thank you for your advice. I tried the swapping with care, but it did not help. It is still the right headlight (low beam not working and high beam ok)...

Thank you again, I checked... and no light. Strange. The relay is new...:)

On the Bravo the connections to the bulb fitting within the headlight are by terminal, it's easy to slip one off the lug - oh er missus

It's worth checking for loose wires (you might need to nick the missus's make up mirror to help you see).

Thank you, so next I´ll go to check the loose? wires. I´ve done that a few times but once more, and with the mirror.:)

...checked the wires and they should be ok... but after checking: now the left low beam is NOT working so both are out of order (high beams are ok). Began to rain here in Helsinki and must wait for better fixing weather.:bang:

Have you the correct wattage bulbs .
Higher wattage bulbs will sometimes cause this problem.(think its something to do with the canbus) .
Hope this helps.

the plug in the board computer is giving me problems.. try pulling the easyest plug to get a hold of over the clutch on the board computer and look if it has melted anything. i think thats your problem!

if you cant find it, ill give you a picture.

Thank you all for replies, problem not yet solved but seeking continues...:):):)

pek i have the same problem but i have the bravo tjet did you find the problem ?

Thank you

do the fiats not have a fuse for left and right dip beam and you checked with a tester?

Hi Any of you,
Did this problem ever get resolved? Same has happened on my jtd. Haynes manual says the fuse is in the "body control unit". This I can't find. Checked the passenger compartment box and the engine compartment box, no F12 or F13, the dipped fuses, which the diagram place in this bcu, and is looking like a separate box. But where is it?

Duh!! I found it - 3 inches away from the passenger fuse box, just a little deeper in under the dash. And the fuse hasn't blown, so it's the long hard wiring check - which is why I wondered whether it had been solved.

Back