Posted by Palio
Shelsley Walsh
Sunday, August 31, 2014 - 01:00 AM
Until: Sunday, August 31, 2014 - 04:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Home safe, that 4x4 is a little trooper! Flew up to 80 no probs; had to rein her back at times haha!

Great to meet up again, it had been too long since I could make a show. Morning started very depressingly and I've ended with a smile on my face...now drinking a coffee and poking at the Lancia engine till it is better again... oddly she is running fine now but there is a rattle from something which is likely the cause of the initial breakdown!

Also...does it count as a breakdown if it fixes itself before the AA man comes?...more like a delay...maybe mild inconvenience...

Some of pictures to get it going :devil:...
Photo2451.jpg

Photo2467.jpg

Photo2464.jpg

Photo2462.jpg

Photo2470.jpg

Looking cool Lewey...also random chap posing on my car...didn't see that before...also apologies if not so random and me being useless haha!...
Photo2468.jpg

I especially like the thumb bit...:bang:
Photo2469.jpg

Photo2473.jpg

Photo2472.jpg

Video will take a little bit longer...I still haven't compiled the yorkshire trip stuff and the pandaraid stuff :eek:

Thanks again for all the organising Gavin! Had a really good day out.

Cheers,
Si

Another excellent day, thanks everyone, especially Gavin for organising the stand, the turn out was pretty good in the end I reckon. I think we had more interest in the cars that at any of the Italian only shows (y)

The Panda's were both great up the hill aswell, Si there is no stopping your 4x4, looks like it will take anything you throw at it:D

Many thanks everyone for making it a really good display. :slayer: I hope everyone enjoyed it (apart from the traffic - next year we'll either get there even earlier, or preferably work out how to arrive from the other side of the road!).

Really good to see the 2 Panda's taking to the hill. Maybe next year Panto will finally make it to a hillclimb - I'd be very tempted to give it a go. :tempt: I actually think that Freddie the 127 could have gone up there nearly as quickly as some of the cars did - it's only like I'd normally drive up a hill after all......

I'm feeling a bit tired due to a long day & enforced early start, but thanks to everyone who's put photos up so far. (y)

Did anyone notice the club sign we had marking our area. Wonder if they threw them all away - bet they did! ;)

To echo everyone 's sentiments, thanks for organising this one Gavin :) Had a great day, got sunburnt and the Punto ran flawlessly the whole 312 miles there and back, which I'll attribute to Blu's strict maintenance regime prior to my ownership ;)

My only complaint was that The Tea Cup or whatever it was called ran out of burgers, of course I only found this out after queuing for about 1/2 an hour!

Did anyone notice the club sign we had marking our area. Wonder if they threw them all away - bet they did! ;)

I guess they did :( Did anyone else notice that torqueitalia.net had an area marked out for them too, which appeared to remain empty the whole day? Poor show :p

I'll upload my photos and videos tonight from work as their connection is a lot faster than my home broadband ;)

Just to echo the thanks to Gavin. Slept twelve hours straight, last night (I usually sleep three or four...) -- so it must have been a good day! :worship:

Didn't last long enough, to be honest -- which surprises me: as I didn't think watching cars "running up that hill" (topical reference, geddit...) would be as fascinating as it was...! :D

I wonder what did happen to that stand sign... -- Palio...? :chin:

Retro rides was fun because of the moving cars aspect I thought. However, I seemed to spend almost the entire day in a queue. Over an hour to get into the show alone! The fated Marbella vs Panda action was not to be. Real shame that one, but no-one was more gutted than Si.

Couple of videos from my phone:
Around 43 seconds.

Around 42 seconds. Tyre smoke in the cabin!

Retro rides was fun because of the moving cars aspect I thought. However, I seemed to spend almost the entire day in a queue. Over an hour to get into the show alone! The fated Marbella vs Panda action was not to be. Real shame that one, but no-one was more gutted than Si.

Couple of videos from my phone:
Around 43 seconds.

Around 42 seconds. Tyre smoke in the cabin!

Nice videos, second one looks nice and smooth. Like the 2nd gear wheel spin after gear change :devil:

I will put my video up later today....promise not to laugh :p haha

Just to echo the thanks to Gavin. Slept twelve hours straight, last night (I usually sleep three or four...) -- so it must have been a good day! :worship:

Didn't last long enough, to be honest -- which surprises me: as I didn't think watching cars "running up that hill" (topical reference, geddit...) would be as fascinating as it was...! :D

I wonder what did happen to that stand sign... -- Palio...? :chin:

I'm glad you enjoyed it. (y)

I'm pretty tired as I've been over to Herefordshire again today - another early start!! Might have come back with something red - you know what it is! ;)

Yep, not sure what happened to the sign - I think someone must have cut it off the post.... :eek:

Back