General Respray

Currently reading:
General Respray

Hello
Has anyone had a full respray done on their car
I am considering having one and trying to get an idea of cost
there is no rust but a few scrapes and minor dings and dents
it is a 1997 model in midnight blue metallic and I am aiming to keep the same colour
Also anyone had the alloy wheels refurbed including full chemical strip and sand or bead blasted
Thanks

Hello
Has anyone had a full respray done on their car
I am considering having one and trying to get an idea of cost
there is no rust but a few scrapes and minor dings and dents
it is a 1997 model in midnight blue metallic and I am aiming to keep the same colour
Also anyone had the alloy wheels refurbed including full chemical strip and sand or bead blasted
Thanks
No idea re wheels, or costs currently on resprays, all I can say is do your homework about the people doing the job, many years ago I had a 1971 Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV resprayed in red, on collection the colour was wrong shade, they had put a trim line along unasked for and having many years in the motortrade I was always told sprayers put a trim line on so that you don't look any lower and sure enough there were runs in the paint, so well "tee ed off " shall we say. I had a nearly new Transit minibus sprayed by a guy who had been awarded the "Golden Spray gun" for the quality of his work, on collection even my wife turned around and said "you can do a better spray job than that!" and considereing I had told him I was going to retail it and didn't try and chip him on his price. He got the message and took it back to make a better job of it.
Working in the trade, when you see a vehicle on a ramp looking upwards all the imperfections of a sprayers work show up, no matter how much they charge.
Retired after over 50 in the motortrade I only knew two I would trust to do a good job and both of them are retired now.
I had a friend with a 1950s black Cadillac, it was a show car and the paint had worn thin with polishing in places, but as he said, "it can only be original once" and he was one of the two good sprayers I mentioned, so could have easily made a good job of it!:)

I had a front end respray 10 years ago (I was fed up with the stone chip damage). I couldn't find "a little man in a shed" so opted for a big crash repair company. They did a good job matching the color etc but I found about 10 faults which took another day to correct. Cost about 1400 quid. I would expect to pay at least 2.5k. Take it to a few places for quotes.

Back