Technical Reset immobiliser warning light

Currently reading:
Technical Reset immobiliser warning light

Megb8848

Hi, I have a Motorhome based on a 2010 Fiat Ducato 160 multijet. There was a short circuit fault, now fixed, but the repairer had to disable the factory immobiliser which is built into the ecu. He reprogrammed the ecu to disable the immobiliser function, to allow the engine to start as normal. It’s all running fine but the immobiliser warning light stays on. Is there a way to turn this warning light off?
Thanks!

Hi, I have a Motorhome based on a 2010 Fiat Ducato 160 multijet. There was a short circuit fault, now fixed, but the repairer had to disable the factory immobiliser which is built into the ecu. He reprogrammed the ecu to disable the immobiliser function, to allow the engine to start as normal. It’s all running fine but the immobiliser warning light stays on. Is there a way to turn this warning light off?
Thanks!

Remove its bulb.. or just black tape over it..

Is the immob function disabled..?
Or just bypassed..

Its possible you could attempt to clear it..
But personally I would just block it from view

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. I think I’ll try to restore the ecu immobiliser function by restoring the original software onto it, but if that proves too expensive to do then I’ll probably just remove the bulb from the warning light.

Back