Technical replace dashbord heater controls...

Currently reading:
Technical replace dashbord heater controls...

Lawrence92

right, as a follow up to earlier posts etc, i have my new (second hand) heater controls unit for my '06 GP 1.3 multijet.

how do i go about removing the old one and replacing it with my other one? or do i need to bring it to a garage to get it done?

bare in mind please i have no idea what im doing, so some detail would be much appreciated :D

i took myne out not long ago to replace a bulb, uv got to take the cd player out with the tool then under the heater control were the cup holders are theres a square cover which u need to unclip, doesnt look like it should come off but it dus, then there is a couple of torque screws under there and then above the controls wen u remove the cd player u will see, then its a cast of unplugging the switches and the control cables. and maybe mark what went to were with some masking tape or something. hope this helps.

right, got the radio pins, but how do i remove the wiring plug thing at the back of the radio unit? and also, what about the plug on the right hand side, presumably te power cable...how does tat come out? im reluctant to tug to hard because i dont want to break the whole lot :p

thanks

right, scratch the last post....new issue....screws or torque things whatever they are, under the panel at the bottom of the console...cant get at the back two.....which as it turns out is rather redundant...seems to be not the dials or the control unit, but whatever is at the other end of the cable which links the control unit to the vents i presume.....this is something i suspect i cant fix XD

im guessing repairing that particular problem would cost in the region of 1300 quid?....or though it still seems a little steep....

any opinions would be appreciated :D

whats wrong is that i cant change the direction of the air flow, soo when winter comes or autumn i wont be able to demist/fog the front windscreen for example as the blowers sre stck on blowing straigh outwards...the dial seems to just spring back when hard pressure is applied...and normal pressure gets nothing.

i gota new heater control unit, but aside frm noy being able to get the old one out due to an awkward angle and too small a gap for the tools i had available, it seems that the dial itself in the heater contrl unit is fine, but the cable attached to it which actually operates the air directon thing is broken/stuck at the other end

Last edited:
why didnt you say this in the first place, you have to realign the cogs on left side of heater box.

huh what? :S well i was going on what te fiat garage told me, not what i knew/found out :p

but the direction controls are on the right of the box? :S also how do i realign them...? :S

huh what? :S well i was going on what te fiat garage told me, not what i knew/found out :p

but the direction controls are on the right of the box? :S also how do i realign them...? :S

I'm afraid I'll also have to do this. A bit more detail on how to do it would be great! Actually, all detail you (anyone) can give.

Thanks!

do what..............cut yourself?

HAHAHA nooo that I already did... took radio out to see aux input and buy lead. My DNA is imprinted on my car now.

How to align the things to fix the air distribution knob? It is stuck all the way to the left, very stiff to turn right, scared to apply too much pressure and break it for good.

3 cogs on side of heater box, they can only go on one way;)

Thanks mate! I'll have a look during the week while installing the aux input cable once I get it. I'll post back with results. I'll try to take pics.

Back