General Removing wheel nut cover

Currently reading:
General Removing wheel nut cover

Salarden

It may be simple, or I may be simple, but how do I remove the plastic cover to reveal the wheel nuts?

I assume you have the star-shaped stock caps, right? You need a plastic tool set for that. See which one fits best and try prying the edges very carefully.

On this photo you can see how they look on the inside. You may notice a small notch at the bottom. I think that's where you need to go with the tool.

Attachments

• 5039_63d018af-aa0d-4173-9101-8f9fbea1a438_grande.jpg
    5039_63d018af-aa0d-4173-9101-8f9fbea1a438_grande.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 96
I assume you have the star-shaped stock caps, right? You need a plastic tool set for that. See which one fits best and try prying the edges very carefully.
That's the ones. I found the gap but didn't want to risk a screwdriver blade. Where might I get a suitable plastic tool set?

I just use a small screwdriver on one corner to lift and use fingers on another corner to prise off. They are stronger than they look.

I just use a small screwdriver on one corner to lift and use fingers on another corner to prise off. They are stronger than they look.

Yeah, you could totally do that. It's just slippage is my middle name when it comes to working with tools, so I prefer using plastic ones wherever applicable.

Why Fiat not included such a tool when you buy the car ? :bang:
I've also struggled with it to install my anti-theft bolts.
The nut covers looks nice but are far from practical.

Yeah, you could totally do that. It's just slippage is my middle name when it comes to working with tools, so I prefer using plastic ones wherever applicable.
Thanks for the advice, plastic tool set on its way from eBay.

Back