General Removing Panda door panels

Currently reading:
General Removing Panda door panels

novocast

Hi

I'm trying to replace my standard speakers with some components (Alpine SXE-1750S) to improve the tinny sound from the factory setup; thought I would remove the door panel to double check the size and wiring - except I can't get the panel off.

I've removed the two screws at the bottom of the panel and the screw behind the 'fake tweeter' panel but the door won't budge. I can see a number of door clips but don't want to break them. Trying to lever them with a flat screwdriver under a cloth appears to be scratching the panels too. I know a few people on this forum have managed it so would anyone mind sharing some tips on how they did it?

Many thanks!

N

I seem to remember that there are 4 screws to be removed (2 philips and 2 unbraco). The one you're missing is (if I remember correctly) at the bottom of the door handle/arm rest.
I have removed my door panels two times on each side (for fitting new speakers) and I never broke any of the clips (they are quite sturdy).
You also need to remove the plastic cover up by the door mirror.

I got mine off :)

Allen key is what you need and if you have used that, as there is like an allen key screw then you need (i advise) a electric phillips screwdriver, start from one corner and pull hard :)

They dont break, mine took quite hard force hahah.

&&&

You might just laugh your arse off when you see the insulation ;)

Adam

That reminds me... When I had the back door panel removed by the dealer, I don't know what they removed it with. It looks like it's been gnawed by a rat...:rolleyes: Keep meaning to go back and get it replaced.

Hi

I'm trying to replace my standard speakers with some components (Alpine SXE-1750S) to improve the tinny sound from the factory setup; thought I would remove the door panel to double check the size and wiring - except I can't get the panel off.

I've removed the two screws at the bottom of the panel and the screw behind the 'fake tweeter' panel but the door won't budge. I can see a number of door clips but don't want to break them. Trying to lever them with a flat screwdriver under a cloth appears to be scratching the panels too. I know a few people on this forum have managed it so would anyone mind sharing some tips on how they did it?

Many thanks!

N
I just managed to get my 2005 Panda climbing door panel off. There are 5 screws. Remove the fake tweeter panel near the door handle by prying off with small flat screwdriver - a phillips screw behind it. Then remove similar panel on other side of handle - an allen head bolt behind it. Then remove allen head under armrest and two phillps screws at bottom of panel. Pry panel off inside door that covers access to the side mirror. Pry near top and then pull off at top. Now start pulling panel at bottom corner and work around untill you have pulled it free from the clips, does take a bit of effort, but shouldn't break clips. Now panel will just be attached at the top. Hold panel near the top and pull gently up and work the window seal out of the window area. The panel should come out with the seal still attached. Now the panel should be free except for the cable going from the door handle to the latch. You should be able to see how to pry the cable out of it's slot and then remove the clip holding it to the handle - but you may not need to remove it. The insulation was attached with a very sticky adhesive, and I found that I could peel it off with my fingers and a small screwdriver, but it takes patience. I was then able to re-use the insulation and adhesive when putting everyting back in place.

I just managed to get my 2005 Panda climbing door panel off. There are 5 screws. Remove the fake tweeter panel near the door handle by prying off with small flat screwdriver - a phillips screw behind it. Then remove similar panel on other side of handle - an allen head bolt behind it. Then remove allen head under armrest and two phillps screws at bottom of panel. Pry panel off inside door that covers access to the side mirror. Pry near top and then pull off at top. Now start pulling panel at bottom corner and work around untill you have pulled it free from the clips, does take a bit of effort, but shouldn't break clips. Now panel will just be attached at the top. Hold panel near the top and pull gently up and work the window seal out of the window area. The panel should come out with the seal still attached. Now the panel should be free except for the cable going from the door handle to the latch. You should be able to see how to pry the cable out of it's slot and then remove the clip holding it to the handle - but you may not need to remove it. The insulation was attached with a very sticky adhesive, and I found that I could peel it off with my fingers and a small screwdriver, but it takes patience. I was then able to re-use the insulation and adhesive when putting everyting back in place.

i cut down the middle of this with a stanley blade thus making it reuasble:)

Back