Technical Red keys, Blue Keys new to Fiat and I'm confused?

Currently reading:
Technical Red keys, Blue Keys new to Fiat and I'm confused?

Hi
I just bought a 2007 Fiat Panda Multijet from a Mazda dealership. I wish I had asked how many keys it had before making my purchase. :mad:

The day I collected it I was only given 1 ignition key, the dealer said that's all he got from the seller. :mad:

The key I got was with black casing with the red fiat logo on. Not red or blue casing. It was a remote key, which flicked out.

I looked in the Owners handbook with states that you get 2 keys plus a card code incase the keys fail, for emergency start up which looks like a horrendous procedure; flashing engine warning lights holding the gas pedal down etc. :eek:
I've never seen such a complex arrangement in any modern cars and I've dealt with several makes.

I never got a code card either.

Looking on various websites I have learnt you have one red master key and 2 blue keys as well. :confused:
Without the red key it costs a £1000 to install new alarm and immobiliser
I read that a fiat dealership refused to part ex a Bravo HGT 155 because the red key was missing. :eek:

In future before buying a car I will ask the dealer how many keys are with the car and if I can take the Owners handbook & service book home overnight to learn about the vehicle before deciding to buy it.

Can someone please clarify what keys you need and what colour they are. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Panda's don't have master and non master keys. So you don't get red or blue keys in the style of older Fiats. The non remote key would have been blue

As above

Don't worry panda keys are not scary like the old fiat keys as I wrote on previous posts. I had the same problem and got a copy from timpsons without any paper work, just a clone off my 1 key for £50 from timpsons.

Good luck with your new panda!

And you don't get the code card with your car either. You usually get one flip out remote key and one plain non-remote key. You should probably see about getting a second key from the likes of Timpsons to use as a spare.

Looking on various websites I have learnt you have one red master key and 2 blue keys as well. :confused:
Without the red key it costs a £1000 to install new alarm and immobiliser
I read that a fiat dealership refused to part ex a Bravo HGT 155 because the red key was missing. :eek:

what was the date on that info? even the old fiats that had red keys don't need it these days!

1. Go back to the seller and ask them to get a second key.

2. From the registration document, contact the previous owner and ask them if they've go the other key. As it is the spare non-remote missing, it is probably in a safe place, and just forgotten to take to teh dealer when they p/exed it.

1. Go back to the seller and ask them to get a second key.

2. From the registration document, contact the previous owner and ask them if they've go the other key. As it is the spare non-remote missing, it is probably in a safe place, and just forgotten to take to teh dealer when they p/exed it.

They usually get stuffed into the plastic service folder right? That's where I keep ours anyway.

Like you say - defo worth contacting the previous owner, even if they do demand a small ransom.

Panda's don't have master and non master keys. So you don't get red or blue keys in the style of older Fiats. The non remote key would have been blue

None remote key should be the same colour as the remote key.

Has been on all of ours, either all blue, or all black.

And OP, CODE card isn't supplied with UK Fiats, at the request of the insurance industry.

None remote key should be the same colour as the remote key.

Has been on all of ours, either all blue, or all black.

And OP, CODE card isn't supplied with UK Fiats, at the request of the insurance industry.

Panda has a blue non remote key and a black remote key. 500's are both black

My Panda has a very dark blue Fiat key that is a non remote one with the old style blue badges one. The 500 has the newer style badges non remote key and it's black.

Back