General Rear wiper blade

Currently reading:
General Rear wiper blade

CraigB

Scorpion King
:confused: Hi all, does anyone know if the rear wiper blade arms are the same on all models 3/5 door and SW and are these a fiat only part? I've been offered blades at Halfords but they don't have the bit of plastic on that matches the rest of the arm.

Many Thanx

The rear wiper arm for the 3 and 5 dr stilos might be the same, but the multiwagon wiper blade is definately different.

I paid £24.62 including VAT from my Fiat dealer.

Thanks Juelz, as chris said they only list the one part number, I believe there might be one on ebay!

Cheers chaps/chapesses

Now you would you believe it!

Someone’s read my post and gone and made a special tool up :D

Just wish I'd had this at the time as it would've saved an awful lot of effort :(

But it was nice to see you improvise :devil:

I gotta be their best customer here in Cardiff :D were on first name terms :p sorry about that Argo but you must admit you had fun getting them arms off (y)

Thanks all, new arm delivered this morning, will be fitting tomorrow if I get a chance. Will let you know if it was a pig or not to come off!:eek:

the rear wiper blade is a genuine fiat part and as such needs to be replaced with another genuine part, its not expensive it cost me approx 20 quid for the front and rear blades.

to change the rear you lift the covering cap on the arm, using a socket remove the nut and pull the entire arm from the boot lid, replacing with the new arm and tightening the nut, and re covering the cap

job done

Well I replaced the rubber on the rear wiper blade last week.. and the arm came off very easily compared to the aggro Argo had with his front ones I didn't even need to use the arm removal tool either a couple of wiggles back and forth and the arm was free[don't forget to remove the holding nut first tho]:rolleyes: I had a spare rubber albeit larger but just cut it down to the correct length and bingo new blade and very cheap fix :D £24.62p Juelz :eek: no way Pedro :bang:

I bought a rear wiper blade off ebay for £8 it came with the arm too sayig it was for a 02> stilo (not MW) and it dont fit.

My original one the wiper shattered and i cant get a new wiper to fit it. so i bought the whole arm as well.

My problem is the hole that attaches to the wiper bolt has no teeth where the old one did... meaning it has no grip when i tighten the bolt. Which stilo is this for then i ask myself...

Any ideas?

Kristian

I bought wiper refills and just changed the rubbers for the rear blade.

For the fronts I bought new blades and used the plastic parts from originals.

All came from Halfords

Like many others, I just replaced the rubber. Bought a piece from local carspares shop, cut it to length and in it went. Even had enough left over to replace the rubber on the chav rocket.

No tools required (ok scissors to cut it) and about 5 minutes to do both motors. Easy

My front wipers are bosch, I needed one witha spoiler for the drivers (it skipped at anything over 65mph) think I paid £22 for the pair

Back