Technical Rear n/s indicator problem

Currently reading:
Technical Rear n/s indicator problem

Thedogwalker

Yesterday I changed the n/s brake bulb and the drivers side front driving bulb, and now my rear n/s indicator isn’t working. Changed the bulb and still nothing, dash shows “check lh indicator” error, front and side are working. I’ve checked manual and not sure which fuse indicators are on but checked all of the 5amp fuses in the internal fuse board and they are ok, would the rear indicator have a separate fuse though ? Could this be the relay ? Any ideas appreciated people, many thanks

Need to double check the N/S rear light cluster itself first to make sure everything is 100% there as you disturbed it when fitting the N/S brake light lamp.
Check the lamps you are using are good by fitting them in the O/S light cluster, visual inspection may not show a defective lamp.
If front and side N/S indicators are working then it won't be fuse as the rear indicator will be fed from same fuse working the front and side lamps.
Check connection onto light cluster is sound and condition of as much of the wiring as you can get access to.
Check lamp connections for any corrosion or distortion.
Focus on the rear light cluster as the O/S front lamp is totally un-connected.

Paul m

Last edited:
Thanks I did try that, but I’ll go back to it and swap bulbs with other side etc, glad the front is unconnected as it’s a pig to get my hands in there to change that drivers bulb !

Thanks I did try that, but I’ll go back to it and swap bulbs with other side etc, glad the front is unconnected as it’s a pig to get my hands in there to change that drivers bulb !
Test the new bulb with a meter or battery, turn the indicator on and wiggle the bulb in the holder or use the brake bulb if same base to test feed the wires can break but it does not get that flexed so less of a chance?

Fixed it, it was a connection on the wiring clip, thanks everyone much appreciated,

Result......Love it when it works like it should.....and the bonus, you never had to pay anyone.

Paul m.

Back