New Feature Real Time Conversations

Currently reading:
New Feature Real Time Conversations

chat (1).png

Chat in real-time :)
Expanding on from the Live Threads feature implemented last month, I've just finished writing the code to make the conversions/pms also work in real time, so you can now use them like a fully functional chat system.

If you are browsing the forum and someone sends you a new message, you'll now get an alert pop-up in the bottom right like this:
1692982057847.png

If you click on the conversation title (In this case "What a great conversation") it will take you to the normal conversation page, but now things are a bit special with new messages, reactions and edits all showing up in real time without the need to refresh the page :)

Alongside that, the "Who's typing" bar will also show up when someone is writing a reply, so you'll know to stick around or not :D

I would love it if anyone could test this out - as I'd like to know if I missed anything or any issues crop up!

Oh and you might also want to disable email alerts on new messages in the user preferences if you use this regularly as otherwise you might get quite a flood!

1692982357299.png

Enjoy!

Back