Technical Radiator advice, please!

Currently reading:
Technical Radiator advice, please!

Highly recommend the texas heat radiator from vicks, I have one and it fixed all my overheating issues! Decent price too

good info thanks. I am awaiting electronic ignition to be set up correctly before i can test my ally rad better.....

Watch my latest episode on the fiat x1/9 to see how I solved my cooling issues, including installing the texas heat radiator from vicks

[ame]https://youtu.be/J_RFn1l20fA[/ame]

Hello pal

I really enjoyed your video! very well presented and produced!

Can you post details of the fan please?

Does it have a greater current draw than the original? I was going to fit two original types, ie add another to my new rad set up, but think youir set up is better

Also, I see you were using what looked like a factory manual which I'd like to track down also. Could you give me any details please?

If you have done other videos, i will look forward watching them too.

Keep up the good work, that video was inspiring.
cheers

RDS

Good luck with the install, a new ally radiator will be perfect. If it's a little bigger try and find a way to extend the bolts at the bottom.

Is the one you are look at the same as the ones from ebay?

The siroco rad, I just had a search on ebay and they all seem to be from germany, but very cheap.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KUHLER-WASSERKUHLER-VW-GOLF-2-83-92-JETTA-2-84-91-1-6-1-8-SCIROCCO-53B-1-8/390915686404?hash=item5b04640004:g:3scAAOSwGPxZ~yaO:rk:5:pf:0

Might be too late but could help someone else perhaps.

Its A fair time ago i last had an X1/9 but i did find that if the idle speed is set at about 800rpm then at idle the water pump wouldn't move the water well enough to get the hot water to the front rad and hence turn the fan on, the result was over heating in traffic. setting the idle at about 900 rpm was just enough to move the water to the radiator.

might be of some use to some other car models too

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
that's a good point timmy, thanks. its a long way to the front of the car and the rad.

When I get over the over-heating coil issues, I will check but recall that i set it to around 900-950 also because it gave a more stable tick over anyway.

Back