Styling quick question on delocking

Currently reading:
Styling quick question on delocking

Yeah, the correct way is to weld a piece of steel in BUT the panels on a cinq are really thin and distortion is possible. I've used the mesh method and got away with no cracking on stuff before.

Late reply but its best to weld a plate over as its more secure and will resist cracking better BUT if you cant weld or dont have the facilities to get it done you can always glue some fine mesh over the hole from the inside. Then paste on a few layers of fibreglass mat on the back. then you can use body filler from the front as it has a nice solid base to work on!

Never apply just filler! always use a fibreglass base!

What about that chemicl metal? not sure what it does but I'm sure t donds metals together with some kind of chemical :p

Its on my to do list and i think I'd rahter weld it. Will have to see how yors turns out though kris. Your having a full respray aren't you?

just remembered, delocking for the cinq is just the boot eh? The other door locks are in the handle. I want to do the two door locks on the Sei and leave the boot to pass the mot lol

Kristian

yep full re-spray. and may be a 1 off complete new mod (havent seen this on a cinq before)- still thinking about the best way to do it

i wasnt happy with the way i had filled the holes so i managed to get the fibregleass putty out with a bit of work ready to do again :eek:

when you delock you car go to an mot station and ask what the actual rule is on the as ive seen cars pass with no handles at all. wether people say its illegal or not, go ask any way then if they say it will be fine just take your car to them for an mot.

the other alternative is de-lock the lot and get a spare boot for mot time :devil:

yep full re-spray. and may be a 1 off complete new mod (havent seen this on a cinq before)- still thinking about the best way to do it

i wasnt happy with the way i had filled the holes so i managed to get the fibregleass putty out with a bit of work ready to do again :eek:

when you delock you car go to an mot station and ask what the actual rule is on the as ive seen cars pass with no handles at all. wether people say its illegal or not, go ask any way then if they say it will be fine just take your car to them for an mot.

the other alternative is de-lock the lot and get a spare boot for mot time :devil:

AFAIK you can delock and remove the handle on the boot - so long as there is still a way to get in to the boot (which on all cinqs there is the interior lever).
As for doors you have to have some way of releasing the door catch from the exterior of the vehicle, whether that be with the original handles, or with a solanoid hooked up to a descreet trigger switch.

Not sure how these things go as far as the MOT is concerned - but that is apparently the way Johnny Law sees it.

:p

As long as there's a mechanical way of opening the doors/ boot it's technically mot passable, the boot has the release lever so will pass, the doors have a handle on the inside so will pass as long as the windows are open!
I've de handled and then mot'd couple of my previous cars, hence why i know this. The TVR that's got the knock switch in the top of the doors to open them (can't remember which model but I'm sure someone will) has this problem at mot time and that's a production car.
MOTs are so subjective, whether your car gets a pass depends on so many variables, What sort of mood the tester's in, whether he's had a row with his wife that morning, whether he enjoyed his lunch or not, etc

or wether he's a good mate:p :p my cinq shold of failed on loads of things but it passed and i got it cheap:D :D he just said stuff like 'you put that sunstrip on after this..RIGHT.' and ' i can see you have the summer slicks on' (y) (y) (y)

Back