Technical Questions / Issues Connect nav+ Stilo

Currently reading:
Technical Questions / Issues Connect nav+ Stilo

Re: Nav+ screech

Well took the plunge and upgraded to version9.8 last night.

No real problems but I will have to wait until my next motorway run before i find out if it fixed the problem or not

cheers for all your advice :)

If you upgrade to 9.8, wouldn't you have to insert the setup cd again (otherwise Stella will speak perfect Italian), because that's where the voice files are originally on?

Best, Lars.

When i got my Stilo it also came in italian and it stayed that way for a week or so 'cause i thought it was quite nice... then it went over to english for a month or so and then my friends changed it to spannish 'cause they didn't undersatand a word she said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: my Sat Nav has been named Veronica for some reason i don't really remember (y)

Stilo Nav+ CD Player Issues

I've owned my 2.4 Stilo Abarth for just over 2 weeks now and there are a few things that have come to my attention that i'm slightly concerned about...

If anyone can help shed some light on this then i'll be in awe of your knowledge and eternally grateful!!!

1) I'm quite pleased with the Sat Nav/ Phone unit and to be honest it was one of the deciding factors in buying a Stilo... I'm not looking to replace with any aftermarket headunit as I may as well have bought a totally different car... anyway my point is CAN YOU SERIOUSLY NOT SKIP A TRACK ON A CD!!!!!???? I've read all the manuals and experimented with all of the obvious options on the headunit but all the >> button does is skip to the next track! If this really is the case then its a SERIOUS design fault... fancy not being able to skip into tracks. I was pleased about being able to play MP3 CD's through the CD slot which takes the Sat Nav disk.. some of my preferred music is too big to burn as an audio CD and I have Data Disks with Live Acts up to 3 hours long which have no track breaks.. so I have to listen to hours of music to get to my favourite act/song!!!! RIDICULOUS:mad: :bang:

2) Are there any Audio In RCA sockets on the back of this unit (knowing Fiat probably not) I'm looking to hook up a seperate DVD player and want the sound to play through the existing car speakers... without these sockets and an AUX source i'm not sure how I can do this.

3) The polite lady whom makes my calls via voice activation (I call her my Secretary) continues to say "Sorry" even when the name is recognised.

Example

ME: "Call"
SECRETARY: "The name please?"
ME: "Home"
SECRETARY: "Sorry"
SECRETARY: "The number is being dialled
SECRETARY: "Sorry"

then... ring ring ... and everything is OK... What is she apologising for!!??

Just a few of my many questions.. hope someone can help x x

Re: Stilo Nav+ CD Player Issues

Hi!

Lets go back a bit - what firmware version are you using - it should be 9.8? You can tell the number on the blue screen as the system turns on.

As for point 1 - skip means skip a track - not fast forward through a track!

Point 2 - not sure, I will need to search the forum for the answer;

Point 3 - I will await to see what version you are running - could be 8.5 or something?!

When you switch the unit on, look at the bottom right of the screen iirc - should give you a version number.

Have a look in the sticky thread about how to update - you need to download the 9.8 zip file, and burn it correctly, plus you need to download the Setup disk to ensure English is put back on correctly.

As for updated maps, 2005/6 is the current version - PM me :)

Point 1.

Do you mean you would like to fast forward to a particular point in a track?

If so just hold the track skip button > down for a few seconds ON THE SAT NAV UNIT - the steering wheel one doesnt do this (for me anyways)

HTH

Steev

Point 2 - Ive had mine out and Im pretty sure not there are some gixmos on ebay that might do the trick though

Steev

I tried the buttons today on the unit, and it didn't work for me either :s

BUT I was using the CD-Changer, and not the disk in the unit - maybe it is different in that respect...

lardarse said:
THE UNIT BASED BUTTON DEF WORKS for me on the slot cd [layer either with audio cds or mp3s

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Blaupunkt-AUX...ryZ14932QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Steev

I've look at this item but it says " It will not work if you have a CD changer connected" ... and of course... I do have a CD Changer. I'm not sure this will work either. Are you sure the unit has a generic 2.5 mm jack socket on the rear? I was hoping for the red/white L+R phono holes.

Things are never simple!!!!!!

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.

Bootlegdj said:
I've look at this item but it says " It will not work if you have a CD changer connected" ... and of course... I do have a CD Changer. I'm not sure this will work either. Are you sure the unit has a generic 2.5 mm jack socket on the rear? I was hoping for the red/white L+R phono holes.

Things are never simple!!!!!!

No phonos and no 2.5mm jack either :( its the blue end that sticks into the sat nav plus.

As for the fast forwarding it looks like Im wrong :(

When I first got the MW I had a disc of Peter Kays "Tour CD" but it was burnt as one 45 min track. I couldnt believe that when I came back to it the Sat Nav forgot where it was and I had to start from the beginning again HOWEVER at this time the >> button on the unit definately did fast forwarding. This is no longer the case :( I went out earlier and pressing that button for a long time merely skipped to the next track once I let go (for CDs) or skips to the next folder for MP3s.

Originally I cant remember which firmware I was on when it worked 7.9? BUT I am sure that 9.8 def dont work - sorry

Steve

Hello Guys,
I am a fairly new user of Fiat Stilo ( about 8 months now ). I like to upgrade my new 'toys' and so I wanted to do with my car :). I recently bought second hand Connect Nav+ for reasonably price. I managed to fit it ( using special steel frame ), but I started to experience some problems with the unit.
1. It switches itself off every 20 minutes ( exactly ) ? I don't know if its settings or any other devil ;)?
2. I've upgraded software version from 8.5 to 9.8 and it changed the language to Italian. I then downloaded some setup discs, but the unit either doesn't see them or display error message ( if I recognize it correctly; it's in Italian ) and I'm sure it's not CD quality problem, ( I used the same brand to update the software ) nor burning process ( I used Disc-at-once96, or something like that, very slow). I guess, it has to be some strange version of software that I've downloaded. Would it be possible that any of you dear Stilo users could sent me copy of setup CD even with some reasonable money charge?
3. I haven't tried the SAT NAV part of my newly acquired Connect Nav as I'm still waiting for the aerial to be delivered, but I was wandering, does the unit have its own memory or will I have to put CD with maps anytime I would like to get navigation to any destination?
4. Finally, I read in one of the treads that to use Connect Nav as a phone with new sim cards I will have to use some kind of an adapter. As I just signed a new contract with Vodafone and I believe they use new 3G type sim cards my Connect Nav doesn't recognise the card. Where could I buy that adapter mentioned above?

I would like to thank you very much for all your help.
Paul

Hello Guys,
I am a fairly new user of Fiat Stilo ( about 8 months now ). I like to upgrade my new 'toys' and so I wanted to do with my car :). I recently bought second hand Connect Nav+ for reasonably price. I managed to fit it ( using special steel frame ), but I started to experience some problems with the unit.
1. It switches itself off every 20 minutes ( exactly ) ? I don't know if its settings or any other devil ;)?
2. I've upgraded software version from 8.5 to 9.8 and it changed the language to Italian. I then downloaded some setup discs, but the unit either doesn't see them or display error message ( if I recognize it correctly; it's in Italian ) and I'm sure it's not CD quality problem, ( I used the same brand to update the software ) nor burning process ( I used Disc-at-once96, or something like that, very slow). I guess, it has to be some strange version of software that I've downloaded. Would it be possible that any of you dear Stilo users could sent me copy of setup CD even with some reasonable money charge?
3. I haven't tried the SAT NAV part of my newly acquired Connect Nav as I'm still waiting for the aerial to be delivered, but I was wandering, does the unit have its own memory or will I have to put CD with maps anytime I would like to get navigation to any destination?
4. Finally, I read in one of the treads that to use Connect Nav as a phone with new sim cards I will have to use some kind of an adapter. As I just signed a new contract with Vodafone and I believe they use new 3G type sim cards my Connect Nav doesn't recognise the card. Where could I buy that adapter mentioned above?

I would like to thank you very much for all your help.
Paul

1. Is the Connect Nav+ unit connected to the CAN lines, it may switch off 20 minutes after it losses contact with the body computer. If I turn the connect Nav unit on with out the ignition I have a feeling it also powers of after 20 Seconds to stop the battery being drained.

2. As far as I can remember the Setup disk is specific to the version of firmware you have on the Connect Nav unit. I had my connect Nav unit replaced under warranty becaouse the microphone input failed, I supplied my original setup disk to the garage but that didn't work with the new unit due to different firmware and they had to order a new one.

3. You can select a route with the Map disk in, press eject and the unit will buffer up the map information for the selected route but will prompt you to reinsert the disk when its getting to the end of the buffered data.

4. I have a bog standard pay as you go sim card in mine, nothing special and it works a treat.

Last edited:
1. It needs to be wired up properly to stop doing the 20 min mode shut-off . . . see my guide in the "Guides" section.
2. It won't allow you to change back to English until it receives a full CAN connection, which it won't allow until it's powered up correctly (pin 4 has to be wired up so it knows the ignition is on and will power up, this will also stop the 20 min issue) . . . again, see my guide.
3. Both. You will need the CD, however you can then eject it and maintain route guidance as it loads the route and the very close diversions. If you do steer off course though, it may ask for the disc back if the route you're on wasn't pre-loaded (it does all this automatically).
4. 3G sim cards won't work in the unit.

sat nav language problem

Got a 2003 Stilo with Connect+ and the other day the sat nav just stopped working. Just keeps turning itself on and off with map cd in. If I take map cd out the radio and other functions all work ok, just no sat nav.

On start up it just keeps saying that the language is wrong and voice commands wont work but it wont let me change the language in set up.

Any ideas?

Re: sat nav language problem

Got a 2003 Stilo with Connect+ and the other day the sat nav just stopped working. Just keeps turning itself on and off with map cd in. If I take map cd out the radio and other functions all work ok, just no sat nav.

On start up it just keeps saying that the language is wrong and voice commands wont work but it wont let me change the language in set up.

Any ideas?

Are you saying it works but resets/ reboots itself randomly while it is on?
Also ,do you get a ticking sound as it tries to read the CD, then resets?

Both are comon faults with these. The first I am working on, the second is caused by the CD player laser unit failing.

Back