Technical Question on lowered rear suspension

Currently reading:
Technical Question on lowered rear suspension

Loreto

After running into a nasty pothole, the rear left side of the car started making a clanking noise. I took the car to a local tire/suspension shop and was told that the damper was damaged and both rear units had to be replaced.

Being burned quite a few times in the past by not-so-trustworthy shops, I decided to take a look for myself and found the rear right top mount damaged and the left mount, although not damaged, was pretty flexible.

The damper itself (yellow Koni on lowered springs) seemed absolutely fine with steady pressure throughout it's travel and didn't seem to be damaged or leaking, and definitely not needing replacement.

Now for the question...

The Hayes workshop manual only shows one flat washer bolted on top of the upper rear mount, while my Uno (93 1.1ie) has two concave washers placed below and above the mount. Unfortunately the "mechanic" which installed the dampers just placed the washers randomly and I haven't been able to find any info on how they are supposed to be installed since depending on their placement, the washer is either flush to the mount or leaves a gap.

I've gone ahead and ordered a set of quality replacement mounts from eBay (German MEYLE HD), and would appreciate any help within the next few days so I can properly install the new mounts when they arrive.

Back