Currently reading:
General Punto With Hayabusa Power ....

DSC06050.jpg

ANOTHER ONE i found ................. sorry about the caps .......

Ah yes I see now! its not mounted high at all! thats gonna be a mean car! Awesome! keep us posted on what happens next :p

jay mz 89

the monster is on axle stands at moment .... so i understand how it looked (like monster truck ) very top heavy .. its ground scrapper and suspension is rock solid and fully adjustable ... caster camber .. even down to adjustable anti roll bar .. the shox are work on bump and rebound ..( this means that how a normal spax shocker is adjustable on height and dampening *rebound*...... the ones i had made from GAZ not just work on the way up but on th way down aswell )

all touring cars have this sort of set up . .... it will be like being on rails .... .... back wheel off floor stuff when cornering ,,,,,, so when others corner.... i will be still on the power and still in control .... another thing is the tyres you choose ... if you got more grip and you can brake later going in to the corner (roundabout ) and keep up more pace to drive out the other side ... if you do a track day you can rent slicks for the day and knock lots of seconds off your lap time .... then get your normal tyres back for journey home ... top slick sticky tyres are AWESOME ....

fast is good .... stopping is even better .... you could be faster than your pal because you have better brakes ... you could over take because he broke 30 yards before .... and was slower coming out the corner .... so its not all SPEED ... helps though ...

also is it a GT in your photo or a sporting ..... i selling my GT tomorrow .... black one to ,,,.... standard .... the fiat uno turbos were the one in my day .... (same engine as GT ) your seats look GT ish .....

tell what your car is jay .... black is the best colour ..... i must have done every thing to a mk 1 punto ........ fixing a punto cab i crashed 5 months ago ...... 1600 cc that one ...

munkel

it will be on the suzuki hayabusa 1300 ecu at first .... then a re mapped fancy thing when up and running .....

hoping to turbo it ... ( hayabusa turbo kit from states )

its on a punto wiring loom for everthing but engine .... THATS BIKE LOOM .... two fuse boxes ...

. imagine been at lights and hearing a big sports bike .. and then a punto comes around corner (( LAUGHING now ...... )) think about bikes and the sound ... rrrrrrrrrr ev rrrrrrrrrr grrrrrrr like a formula one sound ... search f1 starting up on YOU TUBE .... you can watch the technicians reving it up and watch how the turbos start to glow .... a must see thing .... and they can tune the engine to rev the tune happy birthday .... SORRY went off on one then ...

hoping to run it on 8 injectors to help with fueling .... then the new ecu will be needed

ROCKBOTTOM

your photo of the king clarkson is when he tested that atom ...

now that is the sort of speeds i aiming at .... ( FINGERS CROSSED)

do you remember the bear ( paddington bear ) serious now

IT WAS A BOOK AT FIRST read on THIS IS A FACT ....

the one with the red wellies .... blue coat .... well clarksons

mam ,,,,,,, the cool old dear invented that bear ... for jezzer and

his sister ...... and the red wellies were clarksons so that the

bear would stand up .... ( she use to read story to him and her .

and jezzer would cry because he wanted the bear ... so the BEAR

WAS MADE and she opened a firm to produce the bear ....

ITS A CLARKSON BEAR ...... not padington bear

THE END

MY punto was a mk 2 .... but now has had a face lift .... mk 3

IT was easier than i thought ...... lots of little changes by fiat

thanks for interest ROCKBOTTOM .....

had a drink tonight ... and gone on a typing mission

Clearly, lots of time and effort have gone in to this. I suppose it was only a matter of time before someone got 'bike fever' with a Punto.

Will you be weighing the front end down at all? With nothing between the front wheels I'd be very worried about turning the wheel and fcuk all happening

hi matt lad

the bike engine only 85 kg ...... not like a car engine and box 170 kg ...... and up front will be the tank ... battery .... radiator the car should be fairly balanced ....48% 52% ...... we have the wheels on weigh plates ..... for this set up and its looking good thats how we no how much car will be finished 614 kg ...... THINK of a lambo or back to ROCKBOTTOMS PHOTO .... THE crazy ATOM ...... SAME SET UP .... mid mounted ... read about the old 928 porsche ..you could jack it up in middle and it would balance ,,, like a see saw ..... perfect in its day ..... good question matt

what you done to get that extra 13 bhp ...... exhaust and filter

how about the 16 valve head off sporting 1242 cc then a set of motorbike carbs ... on home made manifold ... new throttle cable and a sporting after market exhaust .......

thats how the sierra cosworth was invented ..... cortina engine with a big 16 valve head on it ....... by cosworth .... i have an artical on tuning the 60s ... some were .......... good stuff

your car looks looks low and sleek

also i will only date thin skinny birds ... and have a tiolet session before setting off on a race

i was wondering: what made you decide to do this to a punto? theres loads of cheapercars that you could have chose, given that there will be very very little left as standard.

its a shame that there are no decent (and common) italian big power bikes made... keep it italian :p

but regardless, its still awesome, and not pointless at all.

i sell them for living .... PUNTOS THAT IS ..... sh sh sh sh sh .... no adverts ....

i have to pay £250 to advertise ....

but i started life as a mechanic ... ( not when i was born ..... ) when i left school .... then i wanted to build a street racer 2 years ago .... well i had lots of ideas .... then saw z cars mini ....... and well the punto car idea was born ... its not been easy ... but always had a FAST PUNTO about me .... but now want the fastest in uk .... sounds daft but ... can not turn back now ....... i got my nuts in it ..... still got a quarter to finish ... most of the hard work done .... twin exhausts next .... left and right of rear plate ..... slightly hidden ... so still look like a street punto ...

chose the HAYABUSA because it ticked all the boxes and was fastest bike at time and well there is a load of tuning firms ... HOLESHOT racing ...or BIG CC racing ... these lads get 400 bhp out of 1300 BUSA engines ..... yikes .... you can pay thousands for an engine .... not i ...... i will turbo it ... and have hopefully a reliable 325 bhp .....
i here for the lads who like to drink petrol for breakfast and get goose bumps when there exhaust falls off ......... and the noise is at its peak .....

lots lookers ... so must have some people who like what i have done /////

TRIST

how did you get that so we could watch it .... get the one from z cars .... on YOUTUBE ..... its a mini .... red one .... doing a 0 to 60 mph ....

also a blue golf ..... bike powered ..... fast as duck ....

THANKS FOR DOING THAT ........... TRIST .......

HOPE MINE WILL BEAT THE SMART CAR .... TURBO ed for that extra kick

they were doing quarter mile in 13 seconds .... i want it in 11.5 seconds ....

Back