General Punto sporting MPG

Currently reading:
General Punto sporting MPG

danpuntosportintg

Evening all,

Can anyone give me any idea what sort of MPG you could hope to achieve in a Punto sporting 1.2 16v 6 speed manual box (V PLate).

Cheers lads

Official mpg figures are 44.8mpg combined, urban 34.8mpg extra urban 53.3mpg the 6th gear is pretty much the same ratio as 5th in every other punto so it makes very little difference to the fuel consumption

I am managing to sort my punto out which I have bought for getting too and from work I also have a 330ci which isn't practice.

Those figures sound alot better than my BMW haha

Also does anyone have any clue on what sort of general mileage you get from a full tank and what sort of costs are involved in filling a full tank on one of these?

Cheers

I am managing to sort my punto out which I have bought for getting too and from work I also have a 330ci which isn't practice.

Those figures sound alot better than my BMW haha

Also does anyone have any clue on what sort of general mileage you get from a full tank and what sort of costs are involved in filling a full tank on one of these?

Cheers

Saying the punto has a 45 or 45 litre tank

I can get upto 50litres into mine....

At a price of about 1.30 per litre, it takes £60 to £65 for me

On average milage, i can get from 300 due to pittyful short runs everywhere, to 450 when i have to travel,

Everybody will give you different figures, this is what i currently get for a 1.2 8v

I do drive hard too - dont wait around - im gone when its safe todoso

Ziggy

Cheers mate your a fountain of knowledge. :)

I currently do about 270 a week just work mileage so a think a could get maybe a week and a half at a push out of it rather than

£100 a tank for a week in my BMW :s haha

A tend to sit 60 each way if am honest times I travel not much scope for kicking the arse off it so might find good MPG out of it wey hopefully anyway

I just got rid of my mk2 1.2 16v sporting :( , I was getting around 45 including short runs etc
Longer runs up country, 3000 rpm 70mph about 58 to 60 miles per gallon easy

Just gone to a 1.9 grande punto sporting and can barely manage 40 around to and fro work now. Haven't tried long distance yet

Wet fingers crossed I manage something good because its killing is spending silly money just to get too and from work at the minute

Do many people sell alot of second hand items on here? Am after a down pipe (manifold & cat) typically mines snapped at the join from the centre section to the front pipe.

If you don't mind me asking what did you get for your 1.2 16v?

Wet fingers crossed
I manage something good because its killing is spending silly money just to get too and from work at the minute
this is why i run an 8 valve ,simplicity and economy ,those 16 valves chew petrol no matter what anyone tells you

Do many people sell alot of second hand items on here? Am after a down pipe (manifold & cat) typically mines snapped at the join from the centre section to the front pipe.
you can weld these off the car often when these are off the car its because the cat has gone,ive got one in stock that rattles and would only fit it to a car if stuck,remember an 8 valve manicat is different to a 16v one

If you don't mind me asking what did you get for your 1.2 16v?

see arbove

A think am going to bite the bullet a d buy a one the rest of the system is relatively brand new so not worth mucking about if am going to be doing alot of miles

However

A friend of mine works as a exhaust fitter and he is going to have a look at it see if be can weld a bracket back on of get rid of the bracket and fit a sleeve to it failing that another lad I know has one at his scrap yard so like I say I may just buy that a d save all the hassle all round

Am not a fiat man normally so forgive the lack of knowledge but is there any little issue a want to be keeping an eye out for?

A think am going to bite the bullet a d buy a one the rest of the system is relatively brand new so not worth mucking about if am going to be doing alot of miles

However

A friend of mine works as a exhaust fitter and he is going to have a look at it see if be can weld a bracket back on of get rid of the bracket and fit a sleeve to it failing that another lad I know has one at his scrap yard so like I say I may just buy that a d save all the hassle all round

Am not a fiat man normally so forgive the lack of knowledge but is there any little issue a want to be keeping an eye out for?

just maintain it
i hear so many people bemoaning fiats but these same people never do preventative maintainance
all the ones in my family 5 at the moment non cause grief unlike say fords did or vauxhulls

I thought i had fallen fowl of that one too.

But i bought the car from a friend (with a suspected head issue) car started first turn of the key which i was pretty surprised about turn out like i say to only be the down pipe on the exhaust which i am pleased about.

But the steering was stupidly heavy with the steering wheel light illuminated on the dash.

So when i got home as the car had been standing for around about a week with no usage at all and we have had some pretty cold days/nights so i put the battery on a slow charge over night whipped ther battery back on and bobs your uncle light steering no lights up on the dash and the city steering mode works perfectly fine too

happy days :D

Haha I know that now lol

Got my bits sorted £50 new manifold/cat and wing mirror so it will be on the road Saturday so am pretty pleased I will get back to you all about the MPG situation see how I get on

Got the car sorted up and running filled the tank £45 from a quater and its saying its got 440 mile in the tank so see how it goes

Anyone get similar mileage or is it a load of rubbish?

Back