Technical Punto mk2 error P0530 no air-con, I'm stumped on this

Currently reading:
Technical Punto mk2 error P0530 no air-con, I'm stumped on this

Alipuntomk2

I need help
I have a punto mk2 2003 sporting
Ac has worked in the past but stopped working a few weeks ago I assumed it just needed regassing so went and had it done after the guy tells me he filled it but tells me there was still about 150ml of refrigerant in it already but my ac compressor isnt engaging the clutch is not spinning , so today been investigating further there is no power getting to the compressor which I thing should be getting a 12v supply but nothing, I've got a fault code of P0530 (ac refrigerant pressure sensor circuit) so thought it could be the pressure switch that's gone dodgey but upon testing it that's no getting power either it's meant to get a 5v supply but it's dead, I have checked the fuses and havent noticed any blown ones (I put led fuses that glow when they pop) and double checked the ones that have anything to do with the ac but nothing so what I want to know is what feeds the 5v to the ac pressure sensor so I can find out why theres no power to it or any suggestions would be most appreciated

I need help
I have a punto mk2 2003 sporting
Ac has worked in the past but stopped working a few weeks ago I assumed it just needed regassing so went and had it done after the guy tells me he filled it but tells me there was still about 150ml of refrigerant in it already but my ac compressor isnt engaging the clutch is not spinning , so today been investigating further there is no power getting to the compressor which I thing should be getting a 12v supply but nothing, I've got a fault code of P0530 (ac refrigerant pressure sensor circuit) so thought it could be the pressure switch that's gone dodgey but upon testing it that's no getting power either it's meant to get a 5v supply but it's dead, I have checked the fuses and havent noticed any blown ones (I put led fuses that glow when they pop) and double checked the ones that have anything to do with the ac but nothing so what I want to know is what feeds the 5v to the ac pressure sensor so I can find out why theres no power to it or any suggestions would be most appreciated

I think you will find the power is coming from the engine control unit, (ECU).

The fault is telling you the fault is somewhere between the ECU and the sensor. The fault is not specific for the sensor.

I suggest you clean up the sensor wiring, make totally sure of the colours and then try to find those colours at the ECU plugs. There are many different versions of sensors and ECU's and almost no information to help you.

http://fiatpunto.com.pl/img-f/Punto_188_Mk2_1999_MANUALLY_OPERATED_CLIMATE_CONTROL.pdf

Last edited:
Back