Technical Punto GT drinking fuel, misfiring, lack of power

Currently reading:
Technical Punto GT drinking fuel, misfiring, lack of power

shr3k

Hey guys,

I got a Punto GT Turbo last week and had problems ever since.

I will list problems first then show some pictures of the vacuum hoses in case there are any issues.

Car specs:

T25, Seb4 Chip, HKS Bov, HKS Turbo Timer, Piper Fast Road Cams, Straight through exhaust.

Problems:

Car idles rough and will sometimes cut off. First turn of key it sounds ok but any movement on the throttle and when it settles back down it doesn't want to idle. Cuts out at traffic lights ect

No power below 3k rpm and sometimes will even stutter and stall (As if I was out of petrol)

Fuel consumption is stupidly high. Currently only getting 15-18 miles out of a tenner sometimes more if I try not to boost it.

Solutions already tried/looked into

There are no dash warning lights even when unplugging some sensors so I need to take the dash off make sure the bulbs are still there! Will be taking it for an engine diagnostics tomorrow.

Compression test was perfect both wet and dry.

Turbo was brand new in July and as far as I can tell hoses are connect correctly.

Car boosts to about 18psi then drops to a steady 15psi, (Checked for boost leaks but nothing so far)

I am planning to change spark plugs and leads later on but looking at them they are in good condition with the spark plugs looking new which suggests this car might have had this problem for a while with people trying to fix it. It's had 5 previous owners in 3 months.

Overall the car looks good ect but I don;t think a trained mechanic has worked on the engine. The coloured vacuum hoses and bodged boost pipes are in a sorry state and the hks bov has been painted black...

When I get some money the whole intercooler set up will be sorted with samco hosing and I will replace all vacuum hoses but for now I want to diagnose these problems.

Pictures:

Picture of BOV, the photo looks better, IRL the pipes are shoddy but do not leak as far as I could tell.

b1t3 dot com/punto1.jpg

Picture of valve, one pipe goes to the turbo, another goes off to the airbox and the last part goes off to the side of the manifold. Also note in the background a pipe comming from the turbo area which seams to be blanked off?

b1t3 dot com/punto2.jpg

Picture of some more hoses, 1 comming from manifold to fuel rail.

b1t3 dot com/punto3.jpg

Picture of the green vacuum hoses, 1 seams to go into cockpit, maybe for the boost gauge, 1 off to the blue pipe on the left and one heading back to the manifold I think.

b1t3 dot com/punto4.jpg

Yes the final green goes to the manifold:

b1t3 dot com/punto5.jpg

Finally another splitter, one goes to the HKS Bov and one into the cockpit it seams.

b1t3 dot com/punto6.jpg

Cheers guys, sorry for the long post just need to get everything down on paper. From a noob point of view the only vacuum hose I do not understand is the one from the turbo which is blanked off so any help appreciated. And if any hoses look wrong then please tell me.

Thanks

Theres no Seb 4 chip and No cams lol! Just been set straight, previous owner lied about that!

Do the basic checks - head gasket, cam timing etc. Backfiring suggest the cam belt has jumped or lost some teeth..

Back