Currently reading:
Punto Evo Double Din Head Unit

Need ideas and advice please. I have a Punto Evo and want a modern stereo.

I've looked at the Icebox/🇨🇳/Xtron original design replacement units but I'm after a faster screen/processor and my OCD would have an issue with the fact that they do not sit flush to the dash.

So I am determined to fit a double din unit in there.... has anyone done this and can you send me any photographs of the unit/installation and let me know how you did it?

TIA 😃

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone on the forum so far who has fitted one of these oem fit head units you can get on eBay for the Punto Evo. I’ve seen maybe one person who fitted one to the grande.

A quick google brought up a few head units for the Evo, probably all the same under the skin. I’m not sure how ‘fast’ the screen is on any of them? I’m assuming you me the speed of the response to inputs? But they are cheaply made Chinese units so they’re never going to be running some top end ARM processor if you want something premium in that respect you’d have to look at something from a main manufacturer like kenwood or alpine that’s running a proper computer under the skin

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone on the forum so far who has fitted one of these oem fit head units you can get on eBay for the Punto Evo. I’ve seen maybe one person who fitted one to the grande.

A quick google brought up a few head units for the Evo, probably all the same under the skin. I’m not sure how ‘fast’ the screen is on any of them? I’m assuming you me the speed of the response to inputs? But they are cheaply made Chinese units so they’re never going to be running some top end ARM processor if you want something premium in that respect you’d have to look at something from a main manufacturer like kenwood or alpine that’s running a proper computer under the skin
Yes, that's what I'm looking at doing but the Evo surround would can get is only for left hand drive and mine is RHD!

Attachments

• 41tCPX1dYHL.jpg
    41tCPX1dYHL.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 47
Back