Tuning punto 75 TB on a 55sx

Currently reading:
Tuning punto 75 TB on a 55sx

Liquidh2o

After skimming through the forums I read about the 866 camshaft and throttle body upgrade, so it was off to the scrappies. Some elbow grease and 25 euros lighter i got the camshaft and trottlebody.

Now I have done some testfitting, using the thread at the bottom of my post as inspiration. Now im trying to figure out how to piece this thing together and what would be the best way to do so. I basicly have 2 options from what I can see. Either I use the alloy spacer from the 75 and grind a piece of to lower the ID, or I can simply bore out the plastic spacer that came with my 55sx.

Now some pics to eleborate to explain my problem
IMAG0009.jpg

the id of the 55sx inlet manifold is 39.3mm

IMAG0010.jpg

the id of the alloy spacer at the bottom is 43mm and the top is 38.8mm. I cant really bore out the inlet manifold to accept the spacer, but I can take a bit of the spacer so it will fit.

Although would it not be easier to just bore out the plastic spacer on my 55sx because the inlet manifold ID is bigger then the throttlebody width, or does the taper in the spacer server some magical purpose that should be maintained?

Hopefully my post makes some sense, if not i will try to explain my problem more thoroughly when i get back form work. Thanks in advance!

~~Liquid

https://www.fiatforum.com/cinquecento-seicento/23249-punto-75-throttle-body-5.html

I see that you've now finished this. How did you fix the problem?

I ended up sawing of a bit of the alloy spacer, because you can easily saw that off at the right id diameter where the plastic spacer would need to be bored out which is more difficult. It took me a total of 3 hours to mod the tb and spacer and get it fitted, took me more time messing around with 75 cam seeing how i accidentally put the belt on 2 teeth off.

I modded the tb intake as described in the thread I linked in the post above. Using the 194 dremel bit and a sanding drum and finished it up with a polishing compound. Btw. use the thick 55 sx gasket, so you dont have to cut off the legs... (it will make sense when youre holding the thing)

The alloy spacer I cut to length using a tilecutter (thats whats it called in dutch anyway). Bought a metal cutting blade for it that cut trough the alloy like butter. Cut it off 2.1cm from the top and then sanded it flat using an iceskating sanding stone, to ensure 100% flattness and a perfect fit on the standard 55 intake manifold.

Now that everything is said and done, I must say the 75cam and 75 tb give a serious boost in performance... way more then you would get from a 100 euro intake and this only costed me 25 euros. It really pulls strong through the rev range, which just makes driving it all that more enjoyable. :slayer:

edit: I really should have made some pictures during the install to show its not hard to do at all. Ill take some pics of the end result tomorrow, to make up for it

Last edited:
Back