Technical Punto 1.4 GBT 2012 Cruise Control not working in 5th gear.

Currently reading:
Technical Punto 1.4 GBT 2012 Cruise Control not working in 5th gear.

Mckay254

Hi all, hope you can help?

Cruise control works fine in every gear expect 5th, no matter the speed, even 70mph+, but will work perfectly fine in all other gears.
Got a long drive coming up and ideally wanted to get it working in 5th, any ideas?

Hi, :)

This has been covered on here before..

One case had the typical 'GM gearbox' replacement... and the ratios were different.. ECU couldnt engage cruise..as it was 'wrong'

Mismatched Rpm vs wheel speed

Search on here might help

Evo and 2012 :)
Thanks, I did search before posting and just searched again and read through lots of threads, sadly none of them really gave an answer to my problem.
It's the same 5 speed gear box as factory fitted, as I saw someone say they changed it to a 6 speed and it wasn't working in 6th, obviously.
Some people have suggested an update is required but no one has actually stated this fixed the issue.
Others have suggested clutch or brake switches but this possibly isnt my issue as it works in all other gears.

Background:
I spent a LONG time trying to get Cruise working on Grande and marea diesels..
So read 90% of all cruise posts over the years

Guy who posted the similar story was probably Polish.. and several respondents were Danish..or Finns

So youve had this from new.. know its had no gearbox work ?

Have you used software to go through the control options..??

So youve had this from new.. know its had no gearbox work ?
back in the 90s my brother bought a “new” two month old car, from a reputable dealer of nearly new cars. He had it for several years then without warning the gearbox failed, turned out it wasn’t the right gearbox in the car and after some further investigation found that the car had been in a major accident that had done serious damage to not only the original gearbox but also many other parts of the car which effectively made it a write off.

The car was 2 months old when he got it, and as they stopped making puntos 4 years ago I’m assuming that the punto in this case might be a little older, yes it could be the clutch switch but you’d expect the problem to appear In all gears. It’s unlikely to be the brake switch or the brake lights would be on all the time. To be honest I think varesecrazy is probably pointing you in the right direction it’s probably had some work done in the past. Corsa gearbox used in place of a fiat box

Back