General Project Stubbie, Panda Sisley 4x4 H809AKH

Currently reading:
General Project Stubbie, Panda Sisley 4x4 H809AKH

sure do, i know Euro car parts do them. (and the outer ones but you have to call them for those)

this one is for the front right (long drive shaft):
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/F...a3f18cb3ded34a83bab6b3bc4e1d400d7b1dc9&000445

these 2 are for the front left drive shaft (shorter drive shaft, same side as gearbox oil drain plug):

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/F...30a051e60f97b2eccc9c5a8805787e9ad87e67&000445 (this is the one i would go for)

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/F...28a96e6cc5e7f72fc523ea4279161142958c52&000445

for more info and how to fit, see this post here i made just a day ago for panda panda:
https://www.fiatforum.com/members-motors/421189-panda-pandas-white-clx-jay-jay.html?p=4041415

Last edited:
Hello All!

And welcome back to the thread! It's been a long month, with blood, sweat, tears, joy and work, but I'm back to give you a update as to how Stubbie is going!

So first of all we had the problems with the inner CV Gaiters, Well they've been sorted and are now leak free with some new gearbox oil in! :slayer:

While replacing those the suspension hadn't had no care given for a few years so lowerball joint with holder replaced (bothsides) and wheel hubs/bearings again bothsides.
Heres some photos while doing the work and after when i was so excited to drive it again!!!
:)

As soon as it came out the barn and on its first drive on the private site.

Here's after the first wash I've given the Panda and me the proud owner Talking to some mates while everyone jokes and talks about the panda sparking a conversation everywhere it goes.

So whats next?
Well MOT expires the 5th of June so going to try and get it MOT'd before then, But before then its just a case of ironing out the little problems for the MOT like dodgy Electrics, faulty washer motor and a crap handbrake.

Other than that it's almost ready, Can't wait over and out. Thanks for reading.

Many thanks, Lewis Reeves:wave:

Last edited:
Hello all and welcome back!.

Anyway Good News!! The Panda is on the road Insured, MOT etc...

So how it got there? Good question.

So on the 5th of June I took for its MOT and it fail as expect, (I took It for its MOT to find out what was wrong with it.) It fail on 3 things some welding on the offside jacking point and some on the same sill and it's emissions as it was over fueling.

So back home I tuned the carb with a bit of help on this forum (Thank you), Then about a week later went back to the MOT center to get the repairs done with one advisory which was a slight leak of exhaust gases. So now it's road legal!!!:slayer:

Just before the MOT I bought some offroad wheels from https://www.fiatforum.com/members/andyholli/ From hes Snatch Panda many thanks. :worship:

After passing the MOT I thought I'd have a bit of fun.

Plus a sticker as i'm a paddler (Watersporty person).

So next on the to do list, is to paint my road wheels but can't decide what colour- White or Sisley cream
To get some off-road tyre anyone know where to get any please?
Finally to sort the very loose gear changes and thats all I can think of at this current time.

Many Thanks and questions/suggests/comments are always welcomed, Lewis Reeves

Last edited:
Guess who's back, back again.

Hello everyone, I'm back with an update a strange one at that.:eek:

Well let me waste no time in saying and I went to the Panday in September and loved it can't wait for the next! This in time has made me love Pandas even more and you've all made me want to continue with this project and improve it futher!

Anyway so a week or so after the Panday I removed the fuel tank so give it a good clean paint and general check, while kolza fixes my fuel filler of which can't wait to see and fix. Well tank removed lets say i'm pleased.

So clean Inside very happy.

Rust protection went under way ain't finished yet just need a bit more paint.

So heres the interesting bit, I want to paint or sort this out. It's currently my daily driver and yes its an off roader but this paint work is really annoying me i.e there's dents on every panel its faded. but i don't want a fancy paint job. I want something different very different, something that will standout hide the dents and fun to do. Then it came to me, why not just throw paint at it? Yes bright colours paint splattering fun? Whats other people opinions on this before I go all water guns blasing? I'm being serious! In my head it seems fine but what problems do you think could come about.:slayer:

Many thanks, Lewis :worship:

Last edited:
If wheeler dealers has taught us anything it is that special paint jobs don't hide dents!

Is the plant to literally splat the car with paint randomly or do an splatter roller job over a base coat featured in many 1970's schools and offices?

Personally my only bug bear with home paint jobs (and back street sprayers) is paint on the window rubbers!

I think I might decopauge the Black clx one day "newspaper panda to take me away".

edit: just seen your reply :bang:

definately a first if it's not on you tube!

Last edited:
its a tough call.. i can say that hammerite works well. fallouts "blood" hand print was made of spilled red hammerite and it has stayed on really well.. not peeled like thin spray paint. no need to base coat or primer with that stuff! sadly not cheap paint though. a hammerite hammered finish would be interesting...

as for window rubbers.. if it was me, i would just take all of the glass out and maybe the interior so its like a rolling shell. sounds big work but an hour with a socket set and panda screw driver will totally remove the whole interior of a panda (y)
as for the glass, the windscreen i would just take out fully using the "rubber seal kneading" method, i would take all the rubber seals off the doors and around the glass (it does just pull out) and roll the windows down then mask the hole up with tape, the rear windows are super easy to take out 3 screws and they just slide out, the boot hatch window can be took out the same as the windscreen from inside just disconnect the heated screen first.

Last edited:
I think it would be a very interesting finish actually and for all the different paint jobs kicking about at the moment I'd say why not! It's a good tatty base of car to do a paint job like this that is very different.

What would you do about a base colour, keep the original or change the colour before the splatter?

What colours would you throw at it, lots of different ones or just one colour?

I think it would be a very interesting finish actually and for all the different paint jobs kicking about at the moment I'd say why not! It's a good tatty base of car to do a paint job like this that is very different.

What would you do about a base colour, keep the original or change the colour before the splatter?

What colours would you throw at it, lots of different ones or just one colour?

I was thinking of keeping the orignal as base coat as it probley wouldnt matter. Ive had second minds of painting it a colour i.e. white then throwing ramdon bits of blue for example making it abit more sutile. Then the other side of me is get lots of paint get a group of people and go crazy. With the view to video in slow-mo with paint everywhere would look pretty awlsome.

The only thing worrying me really is colour change for law purposes, what paint to use dont want it to disapper in my first drive in the rain. And mega runs altho the runs may give it more affect.

I've thought of some fun things to mask up aswell. Sisley 4x4 on the doors for a start but in a diy garage kind of way. And somemore fun things.

I'd day go for it, even if you don't like the end result after a while you could soon roller over it all and start again. A colour change on your V5 document will only cost you £22 for a reprint, and I'd doubt that your insurance company would increase costs for a colour change, Most Easterly Pandas might be able to advise you better on that issue.

Yeah I'm thinking of just going for it as well, just gonna buy some random paints from B&Q :devil: throw/splat it on and see what happens the real test I think will be at how long is lasts on the car its self and how and if it runs down & mixes. As you said if I don't like it just buy more paint and start again. :slayer:

How about a camouflage scheme. If I had a tatty 4x4 it would be my first choice. Italian tank schemes can be funky

Attachments

• M13-40_camo1942.png
    M13-40_camo1942.png
    121.8 KB · Views: 24
Great ideas - I'd say 'go ferret'. How about crowd sourcing peoples cast off part used enamels for extra randomness.
And I'd like a high velocity delivery system - something to fire the paint in blobs that explode on contact with the bodywork, or is that just paintballing..?

Problem might be paint viscosity, if applied in any other way than roller or spray it is highly likely that it will cause the paint to run down.
282a19fff9ff433440a3230388020393.jpg

Ballons needs somethink sharp to pin thru the rubber surface, so throwing then might have opposite effect. From my childhood i can propose to but 3x dozen eggs, remove the content by punching two tiny holes at the oposite egg ends, blow through to remove egg content, fill with paint, block both hole and off you go! After collision, egg shell bits can be romoved with tweezers.

Back