Technical Recommended oil for '88 Sisley Panda, Oil filter?

Currently reading:
Technical Recommended oil for '88 Sisley Panda, Oil filter?

miks

Hi All. I'm about to put our '88 4x4 Sisley Panda into storage for what could be a while. We've only had the car about a year so I haven't done service on it myself. I've read it's recommended to change the oil before long term storing. Basic question - does anyone know the best recommended oil for this car (oil weight, synthetic or not, etc.)? Also, I assume there's an oil filter somewhere I could/should change. If anyone happened to know a part number or model# for that filter, that would be helpful. We didn't get the manual with the car so input from other people who know would be great. Thanks!

these engines will take anything from 0w40 (Mobil 1 which is what i run here in the UK) all the way to 15w40. they do not need fully synthetic but its what i use. semi-synth is perfectly acceptable. just look up and see what oil grad is good for your temperature ranges.

i always try to go with MANN oil filters. the one the panda 999cc engine uses is this: W 713/16

these engines will take anything from 0w40 (Mobil 1 which is what i run here in the UK) all the way to 15w40. they do not need fully synthetic but its what i use. semi-synth is perfectly acceptable. just look up and see what oil grad is good for your temperature ranges.

i always try to go with MANN oil filters. the one the panda 999cc engine uses is this: W 713/16
Hi Dragon Man - thanks as always for the input. I've gone ahead and ordered some fully synthetic Mobil1 10W-30. Also ordered one of the MANN W713/16 filters as you suggest. Really appreciate it!

Back