General Pre Purchase Inspection

Currently reading:
General Pre Purchase Inspection

I am not sure what to do. I really want an automatic car. And i love the fiat 500.. Am also thinking for a corsa or a fiesta. But the 500 is really vintage and thats why i like it! Any advice? From what i have seen the dualogic is really bad...

You really need to bear in mind that fiat and technology integration really don't go together, when blue and me appeared on cars 10 years ago starting first in the grande punto it was already out of date and problematic, and this is a tradition that fiat like to continue.

Mean while other fiat owned manufacturers get it so right it's untrue !! Normally this trickles down from the high end cars to the smaller main stream cars but this just doesn't happen with fiats

Rolls Royce has some amazing audio kit and this has found its way in to both bmw and mini. Bentley tech makes its way down into Audi, VW, seat and skoda. Ferrari have some of the best set ups going and were the first to adopt carplay and androidauto mean while fiat are still peddling the horrible blue and me system.

I've just had CarPlay (for iPhone) installed in my VW and it's amazing, fiat seriously need to get on board with the technology that's about. Plug in a lightning cable to the phone and car and I have full control over calls texts maps (satnav) music a multitude of Internet radio and streaming apps all from the touch screen in the car dash. I can even have Siri tell me the weather, read out news and sports result as well as asking other random things which she sorts out, non of which requires taking my hands off the wheel or eyes off the road

You really need to bear in mind that fiat and technology integration really don't go together, when blue and me appeared on cars 10 years ago starting first in the grande punto it was already out of date and problematic, and this is a tradition that fiat like to continue.

Mean while other fiat owned manufacturers get it so right it's untrue !! Normally this trickles down from the high end cars to the smaller main stream cars but this just doesn't happen with fiats

Rolls Royce has some amazing audio kit and this has found its way in to both bmw and mini. Bentley tech makes its way down into Audi, VW, seat and skoda. Ferrari have some of the best set ups going and were the first to adopt carplay and androidauto mean while fiat are still peddling the horrible blue and me system.

I've just had CarPlay (for iPhone) installed in my VW and it's amazing, fiat seriously need to get on board with the technology that's about. Plug in a lightning cable to the phone and car and I have full control over calls texts maps (satnav) music a multitude of Internet radio and streaming apps all from the touch screen in the car dash. I can even have Siri tell me the weather, read out news and sports result as well as asking other random things which she sorts out, non of which requires taking my hands off the wheel or eyes off the road

I know but i am not really using my phone while driving, only for music so that is not a problem for me!

I am just worrying over the dualogic gearbox.

I know but i am not really using my phone while driving, only for music so that is not a problem for me!

That's fine but blue and me struggle to do, even that simple task properly.

If you're buying a brand new car with a 3 year warranty then don't worry too much about the gearbox or anything else, extend the warranty for a few hundred at the end of 3 years if you plan on keeping it longer.

If you don't want a manual don't feel pressured into getting a manual

That's fine but blue and me struggle to do, even that simple task properly.

If you're buying a brand new car with a 3 year warranty then don't worry too much about the gearbox or anything else, extend the warranty for a few hundred at the end of 3 years if you plan on keeping it longer.

If you don't want a manual don't feel pressured into getting a manual

I am looking for a used 500:/

Hi from N.Wales. I have a 2012 500 Lounge with Duologic, full leather interior in Chill out purple for sale. FSH and 8500 miles. Only for sale as we need a 4 door now. Looking for £7500. Any good for you, the car is as new and is the 2nd. duologic we have owned.

Hi from N.Wales. I have a 2012 500 Lounge with Duologic, full leather interior in Chill out purple for sale. FSH and 8500 miles. Only for sale as we need a 4 door now. Looking for £7500. Any good for you, the car is as new and is the 2nd. duologic we have owned.

Thank you for that but am very concerned about the dualogic and i don't want a manual so i think am just not gonna buy a fiat 500.
If i change my mind i will let you know.

And if i will go for one it will be a manual haha!! I just really like the car and cant exclude it from my options!

Back