General Potential 100HP Owner

Currently reading:
General Potential 100HP Owner

Guys and gals

Just wanted to say hi. :D

I have been floating around using the forum for 100hp info over the last few months. Arming myself with keys areas i should look out for. I have the Evo buyers guide which does not paint the 100hp in a good light i must say. Even a little off putting. (y) but hey im still want one...;)

Ive read the reviews ( i am mature enthusiast ) and owned a handful of exotic ish hot hatches/coupes and the Panda 100hp appears to be my ideal second car. My wife has the crossover type car for the family stuff.

Ive seen a few 100hp but nothing has been up to the standard i am after. Ideally i would like a grey one but may settle for white. I have owned 4 white cars and love the colour but i have never owned a grey car and IMHO Grey 100hp look brilliant. I would ideally want a enthusiast owned clean and accident free car with a comprehensive history.

Do these cars exist??

Hopefully i will be a panda 100hp owner soon. Search continues

See you guys around

You must be reading a different EVO magazine to me seeing as they raved about it when new, featured it in their 10K heroes edition and even ended up buying the feature car to run on their own fleet.

Last edited:
The EVO buying guide mentions issues which I've never seen mentioned here on the FF, so clearly they're not that common. As Gav said, EVO raved about the 100HP in their actual review, giving it 4.5/5 stars.

Yes, clean 100HPs with good histories and no accidents on record do exist; I have one which fits all of the above criteria. Mine's red, but I'm sure you could find a grey one in a similar condition, with a similar history and with similarly low mileage.

I'd say its easier to find an unabused 100HP than any of its rivals as the 'boy racers' never really got in to them and they tend to be low mileage second cars, this together with low service and maintenance costs mean that its not expensive to look after them properly.

Hello yellabelly.

Where abouts are you based? I'm about to advertise my Electroclash grey 100hp. It has 46k miles and full service history, all at main dealer apart from the oil change it just had at the local garage. It has four brand new Uniroyal Rainsport 3s, new front discs and pads and new rear pads. It also has a new clutch as the release bearing failed on the last one. The paintwork is is very good condition, just the odd scratch and a few stone chips. Wheels could do with a refurb though.

I'm going to advertise it for £3300.

Eta: had cambelt changed last May. Tax until August, MOT until May.

Last edited:
Yes, don't be put off by the EVO Buyers Guide. Certainly some issues that I've never seen mentioned. It's a cheap car to run and plenty of fun. Sort the suspension and it's excellent. It needs decent tyres also.. Rainsport 3s probably a good option.

Make sure the cambelt has been changed and the history is all there. Don't pay too much, prices are a bit all over the place... and don't forget that it's a cheap Italian (a bit Polish maybe) car!

You must be reading a different EVO magazine to me seeing as they raved about it when new, featured it in their 10K heroes edition and even ended up buying the feature car to run on their own fleet.

The EVO buying guide mentions issues which I've never seen mentioned here on the FF, so clearly they're not that common. As Gav said, EVO raved about the 100HP in their actual review, giving it 4.5/5 stars.

Yes, clean 100HPs with good histories and no accidents on record do exist; I have one which fits all of the above criteria. Mine's red, but I'm sure you could find a grey one in a similar condition, with a similar history and with similarly low mileage.

Sorry i should have been clearer :D. I am a Evo subscriber and have all the reviews. I know they raved about the 100hp giving it 4.5 stars. Its the unflattering buyers guider which makes it sound a bit unreliable.

Its good the tires have been mentioned, its something else for me to read up on. If i had not known i would have stuck with the Eagle F1's

Hopefully it wont be too long before i am in a panda. I am really anal with my cars and dabble with car detailing too aswell but also enjoy to drive the cars as they were intended.

i may broaden to white cars too just to get into a panda quicker :rolleyes:

hopefully a clean and immaculate cherished grey 100hp comes up for sale soon ? also std as if i want to change anything id prefer to do it myself. i have budgeted enough hopefully

are guys on here friendly :D anyone able to potentially look as cars for sale that are close to them at dealers although i am a firm believer the best cars are in private sales. There are two Grey pandas on Autotrader, both are 120+ miles away with pandomonium packs.

I will be in a 100hp just need to find one. If only the black one one PH which looks like its been cherished was grey. or i'd wanted a black car again.:D

Hello yellabelly.

Where abouts are you based? I'm about to advertise my Electroclash grey 100hp. It has 46k miles and full service history, all at main dealer apart from the oil change it just had at the local garage. It has four brand new Uniroyal Rainsport 3s, new front discs and pads and new rear pads. It also has a new clutch as the release bearing failed on the last one. The paintwork is is very good condition, just the odd scratch and a few stone chips. Wheels could do with a refurb though.

I'm going to advertise it for £3300.

Eta: had cambelt changed last May. Tax until August, MOT until May.

Cheers for letting me know. Ideally i want a lower mileage car, less then 30k and with a perfect body but good luck with the sale. If i was not so fussy your car sound like a bargain

I would say go for a 100HP. Had loads of cars including so-called 'reliable' German stuff and mine has been the most reliable thing yet. Also puts a massive grin on my face even if it's a 2 minute drive into town!

I would say go for a 100HP. Had loads of cars including so-called 'reliable' German stuff and mine has been the most reliable thing yet. Also puts a massive grin on my face even if it's a 2 minute drive into town!

good stuff. I am actively looking for one and its the only car i am looking for.

there are no warm hatches of the same price ( prepared to spend £4.5k for right car ) with 5 doors that are also cheap to run and fun to drive,..........

i will be in one eventually may even save myself a few quid when cars get older and older :D

I got mine about 18 months ago for a steal from an independent dealer off a certain well known auction site ;) absolutely over the moon with it.

I had the same checklist, small, 5 door warm/hot hatch that's a bit of a change from the usual stuff.

Mines a 57 plate 08 model and just after I bought it there was an 08 plate with slightly more miles for sale near where I work for nearly £1500 more! It pays to shop around with 100hp's I think, I looked at a few before I bought.

in total now ive looked at 4 and still not found one i am 100% happy with. I may have to broaden my search to include white ones.....

Also as i am not in any rush, i would love a grey one with the pano sunroof and speaker upgrade but not the pandomonium pack as i dont like the silver mirrors, stripe or red brake calipers. I was thinking of going for a different colour then the usual red.

ive been checking piston heads, autotrader and ebay like every day.

If you have a spec your after just keep searching, I had a white car before I bought the panda but love the blue! In the sun when it's clean it's got to be the best colour!

Gavv8 they indeed look brilliant in white. But isn't your opinion just a little biased :eek:)

Cooperman I've just skimmed through 19 pages of your build thread. Brilliant stuff. Really like some of the touches you've made. Wheels look bang on.

Like you said I've got a spec I want so will hold out as long as I can. I Def would prefer panoramic roof over speaker upgrade but will also settle for speaker upgrade and no panoramic roof.

Gavv8 they indeed look brilliant in white. But isn't your opinion just a little biased :eek:)

Cooperman I've just skimmed through 19 pages of your build thread. Brilliant stuff. Really like some of the touches you've made. Wheels look bang on.

Like you said I've got a spec I want so will hold out as long as I can. I Def would prefer panoramic roof over speaker upgrade but will also settle for speaker upgrade and no panoramic roof.

Gavv8 is right - they do look supreme in white. Though to be honest, all the colours are pretty good. Nevertheless, for the lazy amongst us, white and grey don't show the muck.

I have the subwoofer and the pan roof. I rarely bother with the stereo anyway though the woofer is a nice touch. The pan roof is a delight. And yes, I do have it open, even though the car has climate. Only for the 3 days of summer though.

Gavv8 is right - they do look supreme in white. Though to be honest, all the colours are pretty good. Nevertheless, for the lazy amongst us, white and grey don't show the muck.

I have the subwoofer and the pan roof. I rarely bother with the stereo anyway though the woofer is a nice touch. The pan roof is a delight. And yes, I do have it open, even though the car has climate. Only for the 3 days of summer though.

Now you are just showing off. I think Iit would like the light coming into the car more then anything and although I don't like loud music I do like a quality stereo set up with good bass.

watching all these new owner of 100hp owners moldin their cars Iis Killing me

The biggest problem with white is tar spots, they drive me to distraction so if I ever replace my little whitey it'll be an Orleans blue one.

Back