Police deaths

Currently reading:
Police deaths

Having been very critical of the actions of the police at Hillsborough 23 years ago, I feel it is only right that I also say how sad I am that 2 un-armed female police officers have died today in Manchester after attending a "routine" incident.
"Routine" being where shoots had been heard.
Very sad news indeed.

RIP PC Fiona Bone and PC Nicola Hughes.

I have no idea why I feel as upset as I do, I've never met them, but when I heard the news I could feel tears forming in my eyes. So sad, only 23 and 29.

When I first heard about it, I did wonder why they sent unarmed officers to arrest the male wanted for murder with weapons. Been an update, and it was an unrelated incident, reports of a burglary, the address wasn't known to Police so they weren't expecting him to be there.

RIP.
... I will well and truly serve the Queen in the Office of Constable, with fairness, integrity, diligence and impartiality ...

Yes ladies you will and did.
You paid the ultimate price to uphold your Affirmation.
May your souls be rested by the good you've done.
Another sad day for the Police.

Ta

When I first heard about it, I did wonder why they sent unarmed officers to arrest the male wanted for murder with weapons. Been an update, and it was an unrelated incident, reports of a burglary, the address wasn't known to Police so they weren't expecting him to be there.

As above. There were no reports of a weapon only a Burglary in progress.

Ta

I think the way they dispatch unarmed police to an 'incident' where there was suspected gun shots needs to be examined and corrected!!
That was the early report from the scene.
The later reports state that it was a hoax call about a burglary that lured the 2 unsuspecting PC's to their fate.
If the police didn't know that this maniac was at that address I suppose they couldn't prepare for what happened, but why did he have to use a gun and a grenade and then hand himself in? What a tragedy for the families of these two officers.

Ahh Ok. It's nice not having more Police armed but I think times are changing!

I agree. I think if we start arming all Police Officers, Criminals are going to arm themselves (even more so than they already do) and we'll end up in a USA-esq situation.

Canada has 3x more firearms than the USA, but 80% less firearm crimes.... Would we be like that?
I doubt it. Too many "wanabee Gangsters and thugs" over here and I fear that more innocent people would be hurt.
Ta

That was the early report from the scene.
The later reports state that it was a hoax call about a burglary that lured the 2 unsuspecting PC's to their fate.
If the police didn't know that this maniac was at that address I suppose they couldn't prepare for what happened, but why did he have to use a gun and a grenade and then hand himself in? What a tragedy for the families of these two officers.

... because he's a gutless **** ****, who IMO should be hung up by his ******** and slowly have layers of skin peeled from his body and treated with Bromide (to stop infection of course).

I guarantee he'll get a reduced sentence through diminished responsibility due to a Mental Health Issue...

Ta

Should have just dealt with him on scene with a whole magazine from an MP5 through his medulla oblongata.
I would guess that this is what he wanted so that he could be some kind of martyr amongst the criminal low-life and the idiots that hang on to the periphery of this supposed gangster existence. I think this guy thought he was something special.
The best thing we can do with him is to put him in a police cell and let him be "interviewed" by some of Fiona and Nichola's colleagues, in the Gene Hunt style.
Then humiliate him in court. Don't allow him to be the big "I Am".
And also find the people who harboured him.
O'h, and the idiot that gave him bail.

I remember seeing his pic on crimewatch a week or so ago, cant remember what it was about but remembered the weird eye he has. Did anyone else see that?

Back