General Pinky The Panda Fundraising Thread

Currently reading:
General Pinky The Panda Fundraising Thread

Hmmm I think we should take him to that garage on Doctors that guarantees the car, you can't be far from Letherbridge (or is it Holby?) :confused:

Sorry, you've completely lost me with that one. :confused:

Gavin will get you up to speed :)

There was a nice Oslo Grey (I think) 1000CL on some silly daytime soap called Doctors. The Panda was clearly going for the Bafta, and definitely outacted the "actors" - it was throughout the episode - thready link

(y)

Great news that Pinky has an MOT. (y)

I asked Phil about taking Pinky up the test hill at Brooklands and maybe getting some sort of announcement, and he said he was happy to promote the Panda. I'm not quite sure if that was a yes for the test hill, but it was a positive answer for something. :)

In other Pinky news, I went to the Bristol Italian show yesterday. I offered a Panda (there were none there (n) ) but they wanted something else. Pinky was there in spirit at least - name the car anyone? ;)

Looks like a GP with a SkyDome.

Without a doubt a GP with a skydome :)

Abarth GP.....

Yes. Prize for nearly getting the car goes to Dom - impressed you noticed the skydome. Prize for actually getting it right goes to Jon. My sig pics were a giveaway so not a difficult competition really - still maybe no-one spotted it there! :doh:

Yes I couldn't book a Panda into the Bristol show, but they wanted the Abarth.... :shrug: I did put the Pinky sticker in though - best I could do! ;)

Well Pinky's off for a break from Barbara and myself, having a little holiday at Chez Palio. :)

Assuming that all that power hasn't gotten the better of Gavin and he's crashed on the way home, Pinky can be seen this Sunday at the Chiltern Hills classic car show.

Be there or be square. (y)

Well Pinky's off for a break from Barbara and myself, having a little holiday at Chez Palio. :)

Assuming that all that power hasn't gotten the better of Gavin and he's crashed on the way home, Pinky can be seen this Sunday at the Chiltern Hills classic car show.

Be there or be square. (y)

Only just seen this! No he's sat safely on the drive (dripping something - will check later but it's not significant yet....).

I've already posted on the Chiltern Hills thread (y)

Pinky's sunning himself in York at the moment (y)

Pinky's back bumper is coming adrift, also the rubber exhaust hanger holding up the back box has failed :(

It was like that when I got it, honest :eek:

Last edited:
Pinky's sunning himself in York at the moment (y)

Pinky's back bumper is coming adrift, also the rubber exhaust hanger holding up the back box has failed :(

It was like that when I got it, honest :eek:

Yeah, the metal bracket on the drivers side is rusty. If you can PM me your address John I'll send you up a new exhaust rubber when we get back.

As I was going to the wheel refurbishers on other business I thought it would be a good idea to take along a set of steel wheels for them to do, they had agreed to powder coat Pinky's wheels for free a few months back in exchange for being on the list of sponsors, we also put thier flyers out at shows. As Pinky is currently wearing his wheels at the moment I had to use a spare identical set...........

I also left a new hubcap for them to match the colour.

When we were at the Chiltern Hills classic car show recently we had some more luck with sponsorship. Barbara and I went to the beer tent to get an orange juice :p and ended up chatting to a couple of Guys there. Tuned out that they work for a company called Serco, a large painting contractor, one was the boss the other (Pete the Paint) was, well, the painter. Pete volunteered his time to paint Pinky when it was ready and his boss also agreed he could use the premises in exchange for being on the list of sponsors. :D

This is fantastically generous of them and a real boost to the project. :worship:

As I was going to the wheel refurbishers on other business I thought it would be a good idea to take along a set of steel wheels for them to do, they had agreed to powder coat Pinky's wheels for free a few months back in exchange for being on the list of sponsors, we also put thier flyers out at shows. As Pinky is currently wearing his wheels at the moment I had to use a spare identical set...........

I also left a new hubcap for them to match the colour.

When we were at the Chiltern Hills classic car show recently we had some more luck with sponsorship. Barbara and I went to the beer tent to get an orange juice :p and ended up chatting to a couple of Guys there. Tuned out that they work for a company called Serco, a large painting contractor, one was the boss the other (Pete the Paint) was, well, the painter. Pete volunteered his time to paint Pinky when it was ready and his boss also agreed he could use the premises in exchange for being on the list of sponsors. :D

This is fantastically generous of them and a real boost to the project. :worship:

(y) Wondered when you were going to reveal this - I nearly let it slip a couple of times but it was yours to unveil :)

Nice one.... Anyone try fiat themselves??

Yes. They tried unsuccessfully to find the trim for the seats, which was good of them, thanks to someone high up at HO in Slough for trying in Italy too. There is no stash of Pink special edition covers as far as they know.

Suggestions of donations didn't get a response, which after several attempts I took as a no, before I really annoyed my contact. When the resto gets going I'm happy to try again as it won't seem too pushy by then!

Back