General Picked up the GP Today and Its Broken!!!!!

Currently reading:
General Picked up the GP Today and Its Broken!!!!!

Sporty Sporting said:
I was told it was because my brake light switch hadn't been adjusted with feeler guages! Do they take service staff to a special place and fill them with drugs that allow them to believe any bull****? Still it hasn't done it since they had it.

Thats quite possibily correct & yes they should be set up with feeler gauges!

sorry forgot my 'sarcasm' smilie.......i'll start again........

Thats quite possibily correct :rolleyes: (in ref to the 'special place')

yes they should be set up with feeler gauges.... (in ref to brake switches must be set with feeler gauges,applies especially to Alfas)

That clear it up? :)

My new Grande punto dynamic is a pile of ****e. Passenger door doesnt always open from the inside, clunking noise from the front wheels, 1st and second gear are getting harder to engage, drivers door mirror was loose (they fixed that) bolts werent tight....what sort of quality control are these guys using.
I thought all the problems i had with fiat in the past were exactly that, but now im facing problems with them again, not a happy customer for sure!!!!!

rob19791 said:
My new Grande punto dynamic is a pile of ****e. Passenger door doesnt always open from the inside, clunking noise from the front wheels, 1st and second gear are getting harder to engage, drivers door mirror was loose (they fixed that) bolts werent tight....what sort of quality control are these guys using.
I thought all the problems i had with fiat in the past were exactly that, but now im facing problems with them again, not a happy customer for sure!!!!!

All new models (of all makes) have 'teething troubles' when first released so its unfair calling it a pile of sh*te.
Its under warranty so its costing you nothing & a courtesy car should (if available) be provided to minimise inconvience.

T14086 said:
All new models (of all makes) have 'teething troubles' when first released so its unfair calling it a pile of sh*te.
Its under warranty so its costing you nothing & a courtesy car should (if available) be provided to minimise inconvience.
Manufacturers are supposed to carry out rigorous testing of outsourced and in house manufactured parts, and then hundreds of hours testing the vehicle complete, so it is not unreasonable to expect the car to be sorted before it reaches dealers showrooms, as for warranty, that should really be for parts that fail due to faulty manufacture etc, not to compensate for inadequate quality control.

gavin said:
Manufacturers are supposed to carry out rigorous testing of outsourced and in house manufactured parts, and then hundreds of hours testing the vehicle complete, so it is not unreasonable to expect the car to be sorted before it reaches dealers showrooms, as for warranty, that should really be for parts that fail due to faulty manufacture etc, not to compensate for inadequate quality control.

Yes of course but due to manufacturing problems batches of faulty parts may slip through until the fault is noticed.Ford focus ignition coils/peugeot bsi modules/rolls royce door looms etc etc the list goes on.
I wont name any manufactuers (not Fiat) but faults are allowed to go out pass quality checks & let dealer fix them as it is cheaper this way than to halt production.
I had a recall on my TV set the recently due to a batch of faulty on//off switches,doesn't mean my TV is s*ite though?...it happens & will no doubt happen in any manufacturing process.

I totally agree with gavins post.
Ive had problems in the past with Fiat, my old punto....18 month old was in and out of the workshop for the 18 months i owned it. Minor problems and major problems.
I cant see how i should be expected to loose time off work and have to settle for the old style punto ( with no air con) as a courtesy car every time there is a problem. Ive paid for my car and i want to drive it with no hassle.
I can understand your point that its cheaper for the dealer to sort it at a later date BUT the car has to be fit for its purpose. This could result in fiat buying back huge amounts of cars off unsatisfied customers....they get 3 times to fix it, if not you can reject it, this only works if the faults were found within the first six months.
Like ive said in other posts i have totally lost faith in fiat, they give you the old story that everything has been ironed out on the new grande but as you can see from all the posts here clearly they havent.
I just want a car i can drive from service to service and that be it, no in and out of the workshop every week or so because they have build faults.

rob19791 said:
they give you the old story that everything has been ironed out on the new grande but as you can see from all the posts here clearly they havent.

To date...all the problems the 188 punto has had do not occur on the grande.

Also like I have already said problems with new cars are not just unique to Fiat EVERY car manufacture has them & to be honest I think the punto grande has had very few problems compared to other dealerships(of different make of cars)I have worked at when a new car has been launched.

Lets not forget problems with cars are often widespread throughout all manufacturers as they often use the same suppliers/parts...bosch,siemens etc so it is unfair to blame just one manufacturer.

Happens on all cars unfortuanatly. There made up of 10,000's of parts and can't be expected to be perfect. Just look at that guy with a Pug 307 who is going to crush it for charity its that bad! http://www.crushmy307.co.uk/.

At the end of the day you can get a lot worse than Fiat. I know someone who bought a Pug 206 and after a week and 525Miles it decided it wanted to set fire to him whilst driving on the A1. Totally burnt out a brand new car.

As for the GP im just thankful mines been good so far, only problems being the glovebox doesn't seem to align properly and there is some odd noises going over bumps and sounds like its comming from the interior on rear right side behind the trim.

Chris just bring it round my house and bring a hammer and ill get the flat head screw driver out and itll be fixed in about an hour lol! :D

bloody hell we fixed nearly every thing on you last car with a hammer, flat head screw driver and duck tape! .............. safety first (y)

OxO said:
Chris just bring it round my house and bring a hammer and ill get the flat head screw driver out and itll be fixed in about an hour lol! :D

bloody hell we fixed nearly every thing on you last car with a hammer, flat head screw driver and duck tape! .............. safety first (y)

And a file;)

T14086 said:
need the file to smooth of the dash after you missed the glovebox with the hammer:D

^ LOL you fiat mechanics are all the same......

Gonna try the hammer approach but going to use a stinking rubber mallet with some padding so I don't scratch it to buggery.

P.S where do you work so I know where not to take my car?.
icon10.gif

T14086 said:
Technicians not mechanics:D

Bah, I posted earlier today about the back doors and got some fine help.

So here goes, tonight whilst trying to get out of the car at the shops - pulled the door handle to open the door and POP big loud popping sound, then nothing, the door wouldnt open, pull the handle and nothing. I had to climb across to the passenger side and get out.

The door opens with the outside door handle but not the inside. Anyone heard of this happening? Im going to take it up to the dealer tommorow and hopefully they will fix it.

Back