General Phone holder for the 500 dash

Currently reading:
General Phone holder for the 500 dash

vexorg

Prominent member
Can anyone recommend a good phone holder that fits well in the fiat 500?

I've been told I cant drill holes in the dash, so other than windscreen sucker ones, what else is available that works?

I reckon windscreen sucker jobs are unattractive with trailing cords and they always fall off sooner or later. In my wife's 500C we fitted a mount that slotted into the CD player opening and that served well for several years. It did no damage and when we removed it on selling the car there was no sign it'd ever been there. The downside was you couldn't change CD's and it covered the hazard lights switch which was occasionally inadvertantly pressed. Of course later mode cars have dispensed with the CD player...

If I was going to use one I'd prefer this design;
or this;

I have one of those that slots into the hole in the dashboard. Mind numbingly expensive - around £90 new- but does the job very well

Blimey they have gone up in price. It says Panda but I am pretty sure they fit 500s too, mine does.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
No good if you don't have the inbuilt socket though. I have, but the Tomtom satnav is in it.

That link did lead to this one however;

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
The Brodit ones work very well. I've used them in Corsa, Fiesta, the Panda, and now have one in the Doblo.
You do need the mounting and then the phone holder. Phone holders can be specific, if your phone is listed, or there's a universal one that works ok, a I'm using in both Fiats. The universal one can be difficult to find on their website. I've no time to search now, but may have some time later Friday, if needed.

They are quite pricey, but not quite sute how they attach or mount on the dash.
There are installation instructions on each link. They clip to the existing trims/panels and also use peel and stick adhesive. I like the fact the air-vent one doesn't affix to the fragile vanes but to the surrounds. Pity they weren't around years ago!

If I wanted to access my phone in-transit, or add a screen for a reversing camera, I'd certainly get one of those. Though the price is high when you include the actual phone mounting as well as the base it looks to be very secure. :cool:

I have one of these for the Punto

https://amzn.to/473nhGK

Extremely good quality for the price and a reputable brand not some unknown from China. While it looks like a screen mounted thing it came with a pad you can stick to the dash made from solid plastic and a 3M adhesive pad and you can stick that anywhere you like on the dash instead of using the windscreen

Back