General Panda'ers going to Stanford?

Currently reading:
General Panda'ers going to Stanford?

Had a fantastic time, it was just too hot! Thank goodness for the forum tent and the cool box full of cold drinks.

The Mk1 and 500 performed almost flawlessly, the only issue being loosing the indicators on the Mk1 on the way down. Quickly sorted though thanks to Dragon Man and thanks for firstcar-Y10 for lending me some tools.

CLS was the Maestro red? He flew past me on the M1, waving as he went, you must have been going quick to have caught him up!

Aye that's the badger (y)
panda1408 Got a thread for the one you're selling? Driving Pinky may have given me 'the bug' :eek:

I don't, never made one for some reason, if you want more details then let me know:)

so glad i left early in my poorly cinq and missed said caravan chaotics of the M1! was many pretty pandas making me jealous

Did mean you missed the Panda photo shoot at the end, all 11 of them. Sorry I didn't get to talk to you, I don't really know where the entire day went, it started and finished so quickly for me.
Hopefully all the Panda's will have finally convinced you that you need one.

CLS was the Maestro red? He flew past me on the M1, waving as he went, you must have been going quick to have caught him up!

Yep was a red Maestro, ended up behind him in the M1 queue.

I did overtake you and the 500 but I was in the outside lane overtaking a lorry overtaking the pair of you! :)

I was going the legal limit as indicated by my tomtom officer:rolleyes:

Yep was a red Maestro, ended up behind him in the M1 queue.

I did overtake you and the 500 but I was in the outside lane overtaking a lorry overtaking the pair of you! :)

I was going the legal limit as indicated by my tomtom officer:rolleyes:

Not as far behind as I thought then, never saw you go past! As you can imagine 500s are not the best motorway cruisers so we had a few lorries overtaking us. The Panda is alot more relaxed under 60mph too, if only it had a 5th gear!

1) Don,t tell me John, that 300+ Miles leaves your arse numb!
That is just a rite of passage of Panda ownership
Dave
Love my seats, my arse was still totally intact after my 4 hour drive home:D Ears however ...ringing! I always pull out of shows with the window down listening to GW winding up and think 'love that noise!' then about half an hour later on the motorway I'm just thinking SHUT UP YOU STUPID CAR!!!!
The Mk1 and 500 performed almost flawlessly, the only issue being loosing the indicators on the Mk1 on the way down. Quickly sorted though thanks to @Dragon Man and thanks for @firstcar-Y10 for lending me some tools.
Pleasure. Only sorry I couldn't stop and help/get in the way/be nosy with young Alexander being so desperate to get to the ice cream van.

Love my seats, my arse was still totally intact after my 4 hour drive home:D Ears however ...ringing! I always pull out of shows with the window down listening to GW winding up and think 'love that noise!' then about half an hour later on the motorway I'm just thinking SHUT UP YOU STUPID CAR!!!!

Pleasure. Only sorry I couldn't stop and help/get in the way/be nosy with young Alexander being so desperate to get to the ice cream van.

You didn't miss out on much, I was just starting to remove the battery to get at the flasher relay when John said why not try wiggling the fuse, one touch and they were working again and no problems on the way home. I would have had the engine bay in bits if I was on my own!

The wind noise in my Mk1 gets a little tedious after a while, seems alot worse than my other ones, its better with everything closed but then it becomes hotter than the sun inside:p

Is there wind noise? Can't hear that, just my chavvy exhaust going RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Guess the fault.
1) Don,t tell me John, that 300+ Miles leaves your arse numb!
That is just a rite of passage ofPanda ownership

Good to see you all yesterday, I feel and look like a piece of cooked lobster!

Dave

Yes we all had a great day too and I also feel well cooked. We got home today as we have been camping since Friday. We had our own three Panda convoy. Charmain drove Pinky, I drove Chiaro and VmanC drove his smart blue CLX. It was an uneventful journey ?

Yep back home now.

Really enjoyed the show, especially meeting up with so many from this section. :D

Shame you couldn't make it Kev, but I hope you're feeling better soon.

P.S. Many thanks to MrPandy for bringing down the dashboard trim from stiggy. (y)

Last edited:
:confused:. We overtook a few lorries, stopped once for a pee, then later stopped for lunch!???

Ah yes! We hit 70 once too. :p

?Yes but that is par for the course for us! We are always overtaking lorries and doing 70. In fact we overtake all sorts of cars just to upset them! Audis and golfs don't seem to like being overtaken by a woman driving a pink Panda. I can't think why.?

:confused:. We overtook a few lorries, stopped once for a pee, then later stopped for lunch!???

Ah yes! We hit 70 once too. :p

?Yes but that is par for the course for us! We are always overtaking lorries and doing 70. In fact we overtake all sorts of cars just to upset them! Audis and golfs don't seem to like being overtaken by a woman driving a pink Panda. I can't think why.?

It all sounds far too eventful for me:p 70mph! I wouldn't even dream of it!:rolleyes:

Even though I didn't take Pippin... :cry:

...here are a trio of Panda shots from the day. In fact, somehow, I seem to have spent most of the day with Panda people, rather than Punto people.... :devil:

I think we're going to see variations on this shot a few times... -- but such a lovely sight, it bears repeating...! This version, though, features CLS doing a cheeky little cameo...! :D

And this is a masterclass in how to take such a shot.... ;)

Finally, the undoubted star of the show... -- and it was so nice that Pinky got such good placement in front of the marquee (albeit behind a row of pesky Puntos...)! I think we have dombooth to thank for that.... (y)

So good to meet a few 'new' Panda'ers... -- especially Didge3: quiet charm personified...! :)

Back