General Panda9001100

Currently reading:
General Panda9001100

OMG :eek: , the black Panda uses for 15km only 1 litre of gas. Who said that automatic gearbox consumes more fuel than manual types? Even mine green one (even with multipoint engine) have trouble to drive that economic.........

OMG :eek: , the black Panda uses for 15km only 1 litre of gas. Who said that automatic gearbox consumes more fuel than manual types? Even mine green one (even with multipoint engine) have trouble to drive that economic.........

That's 42mpg isn't it, or did I do something wrong converting to l/100km & then across to uk mpg? Sounds ok as consumption to me. (y)

100km/h is 62miles/h.

In the Netherlands:
1 liter petrol €1,50
1 liter lpg €0,60

15km = 9,4miles for 1 litre lpg

What costs fuel in UK?

Last edited:
It's cheaper in the Netherlands and therefore more worthwhile to drive at lpg. What will it costs if you build a lpg-instalation in your car in UK. What about taxes of owning/driving a car in UK?

Cost me £1200 for a professional sequential conversion in 2009. Paid for itself in about 20k miles, saving were event better until recently when petrol was about £1.25-£1.30 a litre.

No other real benefits other than fuel costs. Saves £10 on road tax a year also on any car registered after 01/03/2001.

I'd happy have another conversion, and am considering doing my Prius when the warranty expires. But then again that's averaging 85mpg on petrol so might not bother lol.

Long time I have let heard of myself. Both Panda's are running still fine at lpg. I drive more with the green one, while that's 'mine' Panda. The black is for my girlfriend.

It doesn't mean we stopped working on both cars. The electric windows of the green are are finally connected as it should be. When contact is on, than the windows can be operated. Now I want to work on the ledlight in the back, so the big 70l tank can be set in the green ledlight when it's get dark at meetings. How silly sounds that lol.

At the black one needs still a lot of work to be done. It rust even at surface at the roof. The b-style need to be welded and the roof to be repainted. After this, the automatic gearbox need a change of oil.
Now I try to find out why the engine blows oil into the airintakebox. Just like there's too much airpressure above the valves of the engine. Anyone an idea? In the engine itself there's no sign of oil, I replaces the bougies recently and there where perfect looking how an engine should run at lpg. Besides it runs 15km at 1 litre gas, which is very economical. Coolingwater stays at same level. I must say, it runs beautifully. Except, when the engine is cold. Then it sounds like a sick diesel :D .

This is something different than subwoofers with light :D :
34BmOsKwmuNtsrXurmNpozro_9hylta0ZDrtPY7oxFg=w702-h527-no

And I made the things behind the rearrims green:
TXikr9KP3UG8ayIPPeg_k6qBOrM7K0kUHRKgJS_GvIQ=w702-h527-no

And I think this is clear enough :) :
j7%2B-%2BDuidelijk.JPG

Are you attempting panda breeding on your parcel shelf?

That one lying down with its arse on display is getting some interest from the other panda :devil:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 21
:ROFLMAO: . And the fact there's a 70l tank (which takes the whole space in the back and properly the only one) has less interest than 2 teddybears on the shelf :cool: . Good there's no pic of the rearseat :devil: , more teddybears :D .

It's been a while I've been on this forum...... Both Panda's are still going strong and slowly we work further on both Panda's.

Lately the B-styles are welted and repainted again, because they were broken. It looks a lot, but the sides needs to be repainted completly :( .
MyQbMEiD_nyoOXGcy5rUeSPxkykiwjzLlPMitEt-UB0=w268-h200-p-no

And a little rust under the door:
HNc5cfK2vIpG52CSDo6rs_5QXU9bZnlxOzbz1vcAwPY=w151-h200-p-no

Hopefully the battle against the rust is at peace. I would lie if the cars are rustfree, well at least it's now controlled rust (y) .
Now the sparerims are repainted and I ordered new tires for them. Too bad I can't order pirelli in 135/80 13 anymore. Now very common size with all those big rims nowadays.

After this I want to repaint the tools and the winterrims with new tires. After this is done, the rims under the black Panda will be repainted with new summertires which will be next year.
Hopefully new shockabsorbers can be installed at the end of this year, the the black Panda will steer as new :) .

Last weekend there was a German Panda meeting were we went with both Panda's. I'm proud at mine gf, while it was her first long drive. We both had a lot of fun during the drive to the meeting. Pic's says more than words ;) .

Both ready to take off:
DSCN5779a.JPG

Just arrived. I popped the hood, so people couls see the lpg-installation:
280_2015072114_foto-0024.jpg

Well, the biggest change is in the back:
2_2015072235_1a-fiatpandaclassicdays2015-25.jpg

During the roadtrip with all the Panda's:
11781605_850522081692812_4593350757506415077_n.jpg

I love the running daylights, I could see the black Panda very far :) .

Also present a real Italian Panda, he drove 3500km to be with the meeting:
DSCN5787.JPG

M6SHe3zbS5gN_zyrwTXy-XZFIvdKxyxHpPqRLZ5lOEU=w702-h527-no

At the way back I loved this view, both Panda's driving :D :
DSCN5797.JPG

Also won a little price for the dutchie guys with 2 lpg-Panda's. it's for my gf for her performance:
DSCN5802.JPG

We had both a lovely day, but also came home very tired. Driving with 2 cars was something new and need good preparing before we can drive. Our plan is to visit more Panda-meetings, like form Italy and Engeland offcourse.

Not many updates, just maintance which costs also enough money ;) . The spare wheel is repainted and a new tire. Old one in the black Panda was not safe, so I decided to do it nicely.
k8%2B-%2Breservewiel.JPG

The black Panda gets new shockabsorbers in the front (back was done last year) and after this a retreatment of dinitrol, so it's protected from rust. When this is finished, the repainted sparewheel can be installed.

I drive a lot a mine scooter, a Kymco New Sento with a 4stroke injection motor. Not problemfree, but hopefully it's fixed now. I future this scooter will be for my girlfriend and I want a Vespa. I think it's a nice combination, a Vespa on a motortrailer behind the green Panda for meetings and holiday's.
f5%2B-%2B9-2015.jpg

Which drive cheaper, this Panda 1at15 on lpg (or gas) or this scooter which runs 1oat60km on petrol?

The black Panda has passed the yearly control of the Netherlands. After this the shockabsorbers are replaced with new ones. Also the things which can replaced easily, while the wheel is off. Here everything gone :D :
bFqtJ9jWBhIxmn4uxG35d-1-N-hdUJch0rv4P_3jr0M=w702-h527-no

And one hour later one side is build in with new parts:
x6%2B-%2BNieuw%2Bspul.JPG

And offcourse when everythings is build in, the wheels has to set up right:
x7%2B-%2BBij%2Bde%2Buitlijner.JPG

I must say, it drives beautifully now. When you drive over a bumb, it won't 'dance' anymore and steering is sharp.

Last edited:
Both Panda's are still doing fine. The green one is stalled for the winter, so I have to clean only one car during the winter.
The black one has driven 20.000km without any problems at lpg. Today driven 800km for only €27,- :D with a average of 15km at 1 litre gas.

New rims are also painted in Fiat 500 white, for the black Panda when the winter is over.

Back