General Panda Road Trip Italia

Currently reading:
General Panda Road Trip Italia

Good stuff guys.

We'll have the meeting at mine, Saturday 7th of Feb from 7pm-ish. Anyone feel free to come before hand, we can also do something in the afternoon if anyone is coming up earlier.

For the meeting we have so far:-

AndyPanda4x4 kolza VmanC aquamarine Freebo Par Most Easterly Pandas

Just waiting to hear back from andyholli, panda panda John are you coming?

For the Sunday people, as Hadrian is still at the doctors I won't have my Panda, so we can do some mild green laning if I can ride with someone, or we can go for a ride out on the black stuff and take in some more of Yorkshire (I have a route planned for this). We can also pay a visit to my workshop for some Panda chat and mucking about on the way.

Can't make this one, on Saturday I'm on a road trip to collect a set of alfa seats - cheaper the seats the further away they are it seems....

Sunday I'm working :(

I'll catch up with you soon Andy = I'll be back in Skipton sometime to have a radio fitted, I'll try and make it a day you're about (y)

Good stuff guys.

We'll have the meeting at mine, Saturday 7th of Feb from 7pm-ish. Anyone feel free to come before hand, we can also do something in the afternoon if anyone is coming up earlier.

For the meeting we have so far:-

AndyPanda4x4 kolza VmanC aquamarine Freebo Par Most Easterly Pandas

Just waiting to hear back from andyholli, panda panda John are you coming?

For the Sunday people, as Hadrian is still at the doctors I won't have my Panda, so we can do some mild green laning if I can ride with someone, or we can go for a ride out on the black stuff and take in some more of Yorkshire (I have a route planned for this). We can also pay a visit to my workshop for some Panda chat and mucking about on the way.

Sorry - been distracted. Yep I'll be there on Saturday.
Like Hadrian, Snatch is out of action at present but if there's some mild laneing to do and the temperature is on the +side, then I'll come up on the bike.
If freezing,then something rear wheel drive and unsuitable probably.

Sorry - been distracted. Yep I'll be there on Saturday.
Like Hadrian, Snatch is out of action at present but if there's some mild laneing to do and the temperature is on the +side, then I'll come up on the bike.
If freezing,then something rear wheel drive and unsuitable probably.

Excellent news.

I do have plenty of space at home if anyone wants to bring sleeping bags or kip on the sofa!

I think we'll do the tarmac ride out on sunday to keep it simple, it's a nice route anyway with plenty of scenery and a pub!

How did the planning session go? Sorry I wasn't able to join in this weekends social; I had a Uni friend re-union to go to. Looks like a cool route though! I'd be landing a bit further west I think, so would catch up at somewhere further south I imagine. I've been to La Spezia as well; there is a great campsite and Pizzeria near there if that is on the plan :D

Noticed we go quite close to Interlaken in Switzerland as well...if resting somewhere near there I can recommend a great lakeside campsite I have used a few times now. Might bring the Kayak although weight for the off roading bit might not be a good thing!

The meeting went fantastic, we missed you though Si! Obviously we spent the whole evening formulating a plan and we all now know exactly what is happening down to the second for the entire trip... not entirely though as most of the evening we spent discussing Pandas :rolleyes: but it was lovely seeing everyone!

Seriously though, a basic route has been sorted now and the plan is to have two groups (the northern division and the southerners) which will travel across the gap in the land via two different methods, then meeting back up at a designated juncture (yet to be confirmed). Us northern sailors will take the ferry from Hull and the southern skippers will either do the channel by ferry or use that passage underneath the water by train.

We as a whole are planning on departure on the tuesday before the event (June 9th) giving us approximately 3 days of travel to arrive in Lucca on the friday Morning. Hopefully this will allow for any losses of group members or (gulp) breakdowns. The route was professionally planned with David aquamarine using google maps on my telly illustrating to us all with a piece of Panda door card trim, we were loving it.

So there are prices for travel crossings to be considered and further researched, there are targets for each days' travel to be decided so we can then work out overnight accommodation, there is accommodation to be considered at our journeys' end (whether we stay on site or do a group booking in Lucca which is the nearest town. Camping on site is an option and also along route.

We need a list of definate attendees, we need a list of "breakdown" parts that we are going to take aswell as nominating the tool carrier (haha) - maybe one from each group. Passports is a must, for leaving and entering the UK.

The event itself lasts three days but we discussed that we don't have to stay for the whole lot as we'd all like to do some point-of-interest visits on the journey back, this route on the map (the right hand side route) is very much negotiable at the moment.

We are planning on all using CB radios on the trip to keep in contact so these prices are to be considered (I suggested that John Dragon Man would be the best person to advise us on this). I use a Midland 38 which has the Euro channels built in but these look pricey at the moment.

Some members are wanting to set off earlier and take their own routes so we'll make sure we setup meeting points to get together further into the journey.

I have several questions to ask my Italian contacts which I will do this week, but if we can keep posting on this thread any information at all including opinions then we can all get it worked out together :thumbup:

Thanks again to all who came this weekend :)

hmm its a tough call with radios, i have a Tristar 777 myself so that does all kinds of things but any CB radio with the "mid block" will do the job.

i guess try to grab them off ebay with a cheap mag mount.

you'll have to keep me informed as to what channel you are using.. who knows maybe i will be able to contact you all from here! i cam make contact to italy from here quite easy with my car set up at the moment :D

Hi All,

I have actually found (what I beleive to be) the itinerary for last years event!

Saturday 28
- 8:00 am
Went out to the toll of fiorenzuola of arda take on the left for fiorenzuola, the hangout e on the dx, After the bridge, in the parking lot at the bar
-
8:30 departure to the top of mount carameto

- 12:30/13:00 sack lunch

- 17:30/18:00 accommodation in tent / hotel

- 19:00 departure for dinner

- nighttime to cazzum canis

Sunday 29

- 8:30 hangout at the hotel to vernasca

- 9:00 departure for tour panoramic

- 12:30 lunch to vernasca with menu typical piacentino

- after lunch descent into the ' pistino ' near the river arda

- calmly greetings and departures

It looks like Friday may not actually have any events on but is perhaps just to stay there Friday night so can crack on at 8am Sat Morning. AndyPanda4x4 can confirm?

Last edited:
Hi All,

I have actually found (what I beleive to be) the itinerary for last years event!

It looks like Friday may not actually have any events on but is perhaps just to stay there Friday night so can crack on at 8am Sat Morning. AndyPanda4x4 can confirm?

Nice work John, I will confirm the plan. Where did you find that info?

Nice work John, I will confirm the plan. Where did you find that info?

https://www.facebook.com/events/401673323304379/

Last years event thread (y)

Would 0.89m be big enought?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back