General Panda Road Trip Italia

Currently reading:
General Panda Road Trip Italia

I have had a look at our journey... It would appear somewhere around Kempten is around half way of the total journey, it is on the German side of Switzerland.

I have checked Amsterdam to Kempten and Dunkirk to Kempten and would appear we cross paths somewhere around Cologne on the '61' around Kerpen:

Northern Trip Day 1
NortherPart1.jpg

Southern Trip Day 1
SouthernPart1.jpg

Day 2
Day2.jpg

So, we now need to find a place to meet around Kerpen and places to stay around Kempten and Lucca..

Edit: Alternatively, I have seen if the Northern crew dock at Zeebrugge we will actually all meet a lot sooner just on the E40 just outside Bruges! The meet point will be roughly 40 minutes from Dunkirk rather than 3 hours or so.

NortherPart1v2.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
bloody hell, i dint realise this was were it is. near Barga (the most scottish town in Italy). i have a house 20km away. sorry no lodgings available.
i do know a few folk who operate rentals if there are some who would prefer a villa and not camp.

but i will say this will be an awesome location for a bit of offroad.

not really helping, but if there is a group who would prefer to house let me know.

bloody hell, i dint realise this was were it is. near Barga (the most scottish town in Italy). i have a house 20km away. sorry no lodgings available.

i do know a few folk who operate rentals if there are some who would prefer a villa and not camp.

but i will say this will be an awesome location for a bit of offroad.

not really helping, but if there is a group who would prefer to house let me know.

Could you get some prices on the Villa's? Need to also know size and parking availability. It would only be for 2 nights (Friday and Saturday). May be cheaper to club together that pay for separate rooms in a hotel.

They still have some available Chalets at the Sport Village.

3x 1 Bed Chalet £107 for 2 nights
2 Bed Chalet £125 for 2 nights
3x 4 Bed Chalet £167 for 2 nights

Im looking to get a 4 Bed but need to confirm with my dad if anyone wants in on the spare 2 beds? From what I can see its 1 Double and 2 Singles but from pictures the double looks like it can split so maybe could be 4x singles.. I have given @Most Easterly Pandas first dibs and his +1 if his dad or a friend comes...

Edit: I have also just had a thought. The route I posted above is over 2 days not 3 meaning we will need to possibly stop somewhere on Thursday evening (assuming Wednesday we stop at Kempten). I cant remeber what we agreed. Did we agree to travel for 3 days or just 2? @AndyPanda4x4

Last edited:
Ok got some info from overseas...

Right the travel plan as you suggest John Freebo should be to travel on the tuesday, wednesday and thursday. We have been advised to arrive at the site on the thursday, in order to get rest to enjoy the full weekend.

The chalets; I have been told not to pay attention to the ones listed on the website, there is a "chalet village" on the mountain which will be fully available for booking for all attending the meet. Bookings will be taken through the Italian club, what we have to do is get our numbers together and make a group booking which my contact will make for us. I have been told the prices for these chalets are alot lower than the ones listed on the site. Each chalet is fully equipped and sleeps 6-8 people in various setups.

Ok the village which we have to get to (where we will meet the italian club reps for our guide into the site) is called CAPANNORI, it's a small small village, near Lucca. There IS a price to join the meeting for the weekend also, which I will be finding out.

All the exact info I have requested will be delivered to me tomorrow, prices and availability. From the info we will also be able to establish a closing date for this event.

I have also asked for a full rundown of the weekends' events for us.

I have 2 weeks off work sorted so it appears I shall be in attendance as Most Easterly Pandas +1, for my first experience of classic panda's (not such a newbie when it comes to small fiats though) as well as europe so it should be epic :slayer:

To say I'm excited would be an understatement :D

Welcome to the other side of the forum :)

Just an update on the previous info. I've heard from my contacts tonight that they are awaiting the information I requested from the organisers. They said that it will be sent our way as soon as they get it within the next day or two. I'll keep you posted :thumbup:

Ok guys, stick with me on this one...

The meeting officially starts on Friday morning. We need to be at the Lucca exit of the highway to meet some of the Italian members between 7 and 7:30am on the Friday morning. This will bring us into Capannori/Barga at around 8:30. This effort is to hopefully get into the site before the majority arive and slow the signing in operation down.

Sadly there is no camping on the site officially, but if people really don't want to pay the price for a chalet then I will have to try and sort something.

Right, prices...

There is a €50 deposit to be paid by EVERYONE who is attending the event. This is non-refundable but it also comes off the total payment at the end.

Car entry: €25
Chalet rental: €25 per person, per night.
Breakfast: €7
Lunch: €20
Dinner (Tea): €25

So, given our planned stay to be ready to leave monday morning:- 1 x Panda, 3 x nights chalet stay, 2 x breakfast, 3 x lunch and 3 x dinner = €250 (approx) including deposit.

I have been told the meal costs may vary slightly closer to the time.

We need a list of people who are definitely coming by the end of March so we can organise deposites. I may have to start an event thread or make a basic html document so we can keep track of all of this.

I am still awaiting an itinerary for the weekend which will be coming shortly.

Any more questions that I need to ask them please keep them coming.

Ok guys, stick with me on this one...

The meeting officially starts on Friday morning. We need to be at the Lucca exit of the highway to meet some of the Italian members between 7 and 7:30am on the Friday morning. This will bring us into Capannori/Barga at around 8:30. This effort is to hopefully get into the site before the majority arive and slow the signing in operation down.

Sadly there is no camping on the site officially, but if people really don't want to pay the price for a chalet then I will have to try and sort something.

Right, prices...

There is a €50 deposit to be paid by EVERYONE who is attending the event. This is non-refundable but it also comes off the total payment at the end.

Car entry: €25
Chalet rental: €25 per person, per night.
Breakfast: €7
Lunch: €20
Dinner (Tea): €25

So, given our planned stay to be ready to leave monday morning:- 1 x Panda, 3 x nights chalet stay, 2 x breakfast, 3 x lunch and 3 x dinner = €250 (approx) including deposit.

I have been told the meal costs may vary slightly closer to the time.

We need a list of people who are definitely coming by the end of March so we can organise deposites. I may have to start an event thread or make a basic html document so we can keep track of all of this.

I am still awaiting an itinerary for the weekend which will be coming shortly.

Any more questions that I need to ask them please keep them coming.

But if we are staying there on Thursday night whats the point in meeting them 30-40km south on the Friday Morning? Or are we staying elsewhere on Thursday night?

Edit: Is the 25 euro for the 4x4's only or all the cars?

But if we are staying there on Thursday night whats the point in meeting them 30-40km south on the Friday Morning? Or are we staying elsewhere on Thursday night?

Edit: Is the 25 euro for the 4x4's only or all the cars?

I will see if they are happy to meet us on the thursday instead, I am just thinking it will be easier for us to be lead in so we have less issues dealing with a language barrier for booking in etc.

I will find out about entry prices for 4x2s aswell.

Back