Technical palio mods

Currently reading:
Technical palio mods

there are sprays that are designed to do that but they are basicaly the same as the tamiya one (only side effect is they do tend to fade and can rub off)

just made sure the area u is very clean or the spray wont stick (if u mess up u can use thinners to take it off - be carefull as it can also damage the lights)

(y) (y) (y)

More....

Hey guys

Been searching the internet for days now, and finally found a good forum and valid palio thread!

I'm 19 years of age, currently living in randburg and have owned a 2004 Palio 1.2mpi for over a year now and inevitably looking into modifications more and more....

So far i have self installed a cone filter with tubing to a port in the front of the bumper (Heard cold air is the key to a good filter). Replaced the back box with a new bosal box. Replaced the spark plugs and replaced the front brake discs and pads (ferado ceramic, also been told not a bad buy).

With the use of wynns octane booster the car has a fair amount of performance increase over its stock counterpart... When it was stock i would have to change down gears frequently up hills, and my friend who owns a corsa 1.4 lite sport and could easily beat me....

I don't have exact figures, but now (after these mods) it easily beats a 1.4 and keeps up with the likings of a Vw velociti 1.6i (keep in mind i have also installed sound into the car, which naturally adds weight (a 12" sub and and amp))

I know for certain people find it hard to believe until i have proper performance figures, but just driving around you can distinctly feel the difference.

As for sound, the box and the cone filter combined are fantastic, and not to loud.... But has a distinct drone when idling and obviously when your foot is flat the cone filter really does sound good...

But this is not the reason for my message, i would like to ask for any further advice and tips regarding performance and all the help would be much appreciated! And if anyone has questions or if i can help in any way i will do so gladly (including the installation and prices of sound and the above mentioned modifications)

Re: More....

Hey Cooper,

Whats your palios Engine ? 1242CC Fire 16V ?

I own a 2006 Palio 1242CC Fire 16V ( Brazilian ) and I was looking for someone with any knowledge on mods as well :)

in stock it produces about 80hp

I only fitted a K&N Filter ( a Punto one )

palio.jpg

AHOLA

am looking at this thread after a long time , i have a Fiat Palio 2002 1.2 8V , similar to what a Punto 75 mk2 in the UK , There are few major forums in INDIA that talk all about FIAT PALIO MODS ,

try
www.teambhp.com - lot of information about modding a PALIO 1.2 8v , 1.6 GTX 16 v
Also try and register ur self @ Palio Yahoo groups INDIA ,
[email protected]

Am pretty sure you will have your questions answered by our team , mostly TeamBHP has all the information you need about Palio sold in INDIA till date .,

This forum is best for people living in UK ,
take care

I am from sunny south africa much like you guys, finding mods for the palio is 1 thing, finding someone to fit the parts is another thing,
on the 1.2 you can put 1.4 cams, gas flow the heads, full exhaust system and an induction kit. it will be cheaper to transplant a good 1.6.:)

Hey guys

Been searching the internet for days now, and finally found a good forum and valid palio thread!

I'm 19 years of age, currently living in randburg and have owned a 2004 Palio 1.2mpi for over a year now and inevitably looking into modifications more and more....

So far i have self installed a cone filter with tubing to a port in the front of the bumper (Heard cold air is the key to a good filter). Replaced the back box with a new bosal box. Replaced the spark plugs and replaced the front brake discs and pads (ferado ceramic, also been told not a bad buy).

With the use of wynns octane booster the car has a fair amount of performance increase over its stock counterpart... When it was stock i would have to change down gears frequently up hills, and my friend who owns a corsa 1.4 lite sport and could easily beat me....

I don't have exact figures, but now (after these mods) it easily beats a 1.4 and keeps up with the likings of a Vw velociti 1.6i (keep in mind i have also installed sound into the car, which naturally adds weight (a 12" sub and and amp))

I know for certain people find it hard to believe until i have proper performance figures, but just driving around you can distinctly feel the difference.

As for sound, the box and the cone filter combined are fantastic, and not to loud.... But has a distinct drone when idling and obviously when your foot is flat the cone filter really does sound good...

But this is not the reason for my message, i would like to ask for any further advice and tips regarding performance and all the help would be much appreciated! And if anyone has questions or if i can help in any way i will do so gladly (including the installation and prices of sound and the above mentioned modifications)
hey I have a 1.6 16v palio.I've fitted a cone filter and replaced the back box with a tuffex box. I haved pulled with a 1.4i corsa with a branch,powerflow and induction kit and I nearly lost. Can I mod it more?

what lame mechanic do u have,Fiat is the best car to work on for me,easy to work on etc. I'm a mechanic at merc, and use to work on Mitsubiishi and jeeep and VW. and they are **** compared to working on fiats

Can anyone tell me how to bleed the cooling system after flushing the emgine and radiator. Also, what is the procedure to flush engine and radiator ?

Hey guys i am also from South Africa and have a 1.2 2000 blue palio ED. It seems we have the same problem when it comes to mods but at the mo i just want to know where the fuel filter is so that i can replace it when i try and service my car. heehee. I also know of a site that might help you guys a bit called maxmyride.co.za they have all sorts of stuff from body mods to audio and engine upgrades for all vechile types i think.

Hi there the fuel filter is located on the drivers side just the before the rear wheel there's a plastick cover you must open that then you wil see it

Back