General Paint Warranty

Currently reading:
General Paint Warranty

I spotted what looks like a Zinc inclusion on my boot about 3 weeks ago and I've been down to the dealer to get them to take photos etc etc. They told me to come back in a week so I did and I was told Fiat take a long time to get back to dealers regarding paintwork, however it's now just over 2 weeks and I've heard nothing from them.

How much longer should I wait before kicking up a fuss? The car is 3 years old in January 2013 and it seems like Fiat are stretching it in order for the car to be out of it's 3 year paintwork warranty.

I've worked at Mercedes dealing with warranty and paintwork before and they usually take a day or two to decide.

I don't know whether it's the dealer (new service manager) taking me for a ride or Fiat are slow as heck.

Have you thought about a polite call to see where the hold up is.:)

I spotted what looks like a Zinc inclusion on my boot about 3 weeks ago and I've been down to the dealer to get them to take photos etc etc. They told me to come back in a week so I did and I was told Fiat take a long time to get back to dealers regarding paintwork, however it's now just over 2 weeks and I've heard nothing from them.

How much longer should I wait before kicking up a fuss? The car is 3 years old in January 2013 and it seems like Fiat are stretching it in order for the car to be out of it's 3 year paintwork warranty.

I've worked at Mercedes dealing with warranty and paintwork before and they usually take a day or two to decide.

I don't know whether it's the dealer (new service manager) taking me for a ride or Fiat are slow as heck.

Can you clarify "Zinc Inclusion", pictures would be good, so this is a product / paint issue ?.
Also you sure it is Fiat and not the Dealer dragging heels ?

Last edited:
I've had my sister from Audi look at it and she says it's what Audi would call a zinc inclusion. It's a small prick on the back of the boot that is about the size of a pin head, and as far as my knowledge tells me it's coming from underneath the paint.

I haven't tried ringing yet but I'll probably start to ruffle feathers next week.

I've had my sister from Audi look at it and she says it's what Audi would call a zinc inclusion. It's a small prick on the back of the boot that is about the size of a pin head, and as far as my knowledge tells me it's coming from underneath the paint.

I haven't tried ringing yet but I'll probably start to ruffle feathers next week.

Ok so maybe a stone chip and water getting under the paint ? .

Back