Technical P1215-68 - Excessive distance travelled with DPF On...

Currently reading:
Technical P1215-68 - Excessive distance travelled with DPF On...

smurphy661

Hi,

My friend has a Fiat Doblo and had the error code "P1215-68 - Excessive distance travelled with DPF On..." on the Multiecuscan. He has therefore replaced the DPF with a new one, but the error won't clear.

Does anyone know how he can clear this? - see attached image

Many thanks

Attachments

• thumbnail_Image.png
    thumbnail_Image.png
    622.8 KB · Views: 161
Hi,

My friend has a Fiat Doblo and had the error code "P1215-68 - Excessive distance travelled with DPF On..." on the Multiecuscan. He has therefore replaced the DPF with a new one, but the error won't clear.

Does anyone know how he can clear this? - see attached image

Many thank

It's a 2015 1.3 turbo diesel model 263

Has either this procedure been done::

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-10-19-41-24-519_com.AlfaOBD.AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-10-19-41-24-519_com.AlfaOBD.AlfaOBD.jpg
    667.6 KB · Views: 110
Hi,

Yes he’s tried that, the parameters were engine at 70°, idling at 800 - 850 rpm and brake and accelerator released. When I tried it would not proceed.

What you are writing about is a forced regeneration procedure. What I have written to you is a procedure for changing the DPF and it is done with the engine not running, only with the ignition on. Excuse me for the bad english I use a translator.

What you are writing about is a forced regeneration procedure. What I have written to you is a procedure for changing the DPF and it is done with the engine not running, only with the ignition on. Excuse me for the bad english I use a translator.
Thanks for your reply. He said that this is the only command that he can see for dpf replacement and those are the instructions that I tried (see image)

Attachments

• E0FF2C86-2093-4B91-9895-2C4E37B4B855.jpeg
    E0FF2C86-2093-4B91-9895-2C4E37B4B855.jpeg
    305.7 KB · Views: 70
I hope I'm not confusing you, but with Alfaobd it's without a starting engine. Why don't you try resetting all parameters -self-learn reset. These are photos of DPF regeneration with Alfaobd, and I sent you a photo of a DPF replacement procedure earlier.The last photo is of the DPF replacement procedure just for your ECU, now I have seen the exact model from your photo. The engine is not running.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-11-20-05-28-306_com.AlfaOBD.AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-11-20-05-28-306_com.AlfaOBD.AlfaOBD.jpg
    778.6 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_2023-03-11-20-05-25-764_com.AlfaOBD.AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-11-20-05-25-764_com.AlfaOBD.AlfaOBD.jpg
    817.7 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot_2023-03-11-20-17-40-249_com.AlfaOBD.AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-11-20-17-40-249_com.AlfaOBD.AlfaOBD.jpg
    668.7 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
On other makes of cars using Snap On Zeus tool there was a different section to tell the ECU a new DPF had been fitted from the section that just told it to do a Regen, so perhaps there is another section on your tool.

Reactions: kik
Hi, no unfortunately none of the suggestions have worked. If anyone else has any idea, please let us know

Has your diagnostic tool accepted the fact that the DPF was replaced, I know you said the pressure readings were OK , what does it say about the weight of "soot" or what ever your tool says regarding the DPF. Different diagnostic tools seem to word it differently.

Hi, No it does not accept the fact that the DPF was replaced as it will not execute the 'Particle filter replacement' adjustment even though all of the conditions have been met (see below image). When trying to execute this adjustment with Multiecuscan it comes back with an error message saying something like failed as not all parameters met (even though the engine is at the correct temperature, the vehicle is stationary, the engine is idling at 850rpm and the brake and clutch pedals are released.

1678958928270.png

Hi, No it does not accept the fact that the DPF was replaced as it will not execute the 'Particle filter replacement' adjustment even though all of the conditions have been met (see below image). When trying to execute this adjustment with Multiecuscan it comes back with an error message saying something like failed as not all parameters met (even though the engine is at the correct temperature, the vehicle is stationary, the engine is idling at 850rpm and the brake and clutch pedals are released.

View attachment 420213
According to those instructions it does seem to be trying for a Regen rather that accepting a new DPF.
Can any MES users advise as different to Snap On.
When telling the Citroen ECU I mentioned it had a new DPF it was all done with engine off, but ignition on until advised and no attempt to activate a Forced Regen.

Hi,
The procedure for "Particle filter replacement" in MES has a bug. It puzzled me for a bit. Everything after the 1st paragraph is a duplicate from the "Particle filter regeneration" procedure.

When performing the "Particle filter replacement" ignore everything after the 1st paragraph.
Turn ignition on, engine off, MES connected then "Execute". It should then do the resets.

Cheers
Ron

View attachment 420213

This is incorrect MES has the wrong description; I've just made the same adjustment you need to have the vehicle not running with the ignition on then you can do the replacement.

You don't have the engine running, and it doesn't need to be up to temp either.

Because you don't use Alfaobd for a smartphone? There, the procedures are correct and comparable to the MES and you don't need a laptop. Everyone has a smartphone in them.

My friend has managed to error code and the light from the dash. This is what he did -

Changed the DPF and needed to tell the ecu that it had been changed. The dpf and the engine light were on and I had a code as per the picture that would not clear using Multiecuscan

Tried using Multiecuscan to reset the DPF but the software seems to try and do a forced regeneration. When I tried though it would not work. Then I tried just doing a forced regeneration which resulted in the engine running at 3500 rpm with a smoke screen coming from the exhaust but the dpf not going over 300°C, so basically not working. I finally tried doing a regeneration manually without the software, ignition on press brake and accelerator for about 10 seconds until dpf light flashes and then start the engine. Well it ran for about 10 minutes at 2000rpm with no smoke and you could feel the exhaust gasses really hot, after 10 minutes the dpf light went out😁. I connected Multiecuscan again and the code that would not clear actually cleared and the engine light went out😁. I think that Multiecuscan might have an issue in the way it tries to do the regeneration and indeed why does it need to do a regeneration when you have just fitted a new dpf!

Attachments

• mscan image.png
    mscan image.png
    622.8 KB · Views: 87
Back