General oil leakage with picture

Currently reading:
General oil leakage with picture

snour

hi everyone
in my 2008 1.4 dualogic grand punto , i had tansmission oil leakage for a long time, the dealer here gave different reasons and excuses that i find unreasonable, starting from bad oil (that i replaced), to suggesting i replace clutch, and if that doesnt work replace whole pump.

oil leaks from the bottom of what seems to be a sensor, an engineer at the dealer told me there is a pressure relief valve there that leaks only when something is wrong, he suggested a worn clutch disc might cause it, but i dont believe its the case, car was only 30000 km, when that problem started and clutch is fine.

the leakage usually happens if i start the engine in the morning before i let the pump finish the buzzing priming sound(usually 6 seconds) ...attaching picture of the leakage area.
thank you all for your help

Attachments

• grand punto.jpg
    grand punto.jpg
    376.6 KB · Views: 130
unfortunately, there arent any garages here with good experience with the dualogic transmission, a good mechanic i trust suggested we remove the part and check it, might be a worn seal inside, but i would make this (remove and see how it goes) my last option.

I've just had a similar problem and turned out to be the oil filter seal and from what I can see your oil leak is below the oil filter
Good luck

Back