Technical Oil leak

Currently reading:
Technical Oil leak

drewbles

have just purchased a fiat doblo to replace our Scudo. Travelled from Wales to Devon...oil was empty when we got to Devon...refilled and it was still in the next morning...started her up, and she dumped a load into the road, and is drip drip dripping as we go...can't see anything obvious...any ideas??

Thanks for the recap.. (y)

so you obviously managed hundreds of miles in your 'new purchase'..
so 'worn out.. sold a pup.. is unlikely

I had forgotten it was the 1.9.. thought it was 1248cc baby engine

Years ago.. I got caught out with a 1.9

The engine 'breathes' out excess pressures.. for emissions purposes this is then ducted back to the air intake and ingested

My old car had its Intercooler full of oil.. from oily vapour settling in it
You may well find some of your excess oil has followed a similar path

Anything being drawn back to the engine could smother the Sensor in the air intake..

That can really mess.up fuelling

My message.. dont give up yet :)

Feel free to ask more tomorrow

In the meantime
For some photographic assistance
Search MAF in the Multipla section (y)
also..the ECG? valve has been removed? remapped? the emissions thingy isn't there anyway.....

Egr valve?
Post a picture of place where "thing" is missing.
If you can get it started it may well be fine, apart from oil leak to deal with.
Can you get rac ?

rac won't recover us again for the same problem but there are a few garages around that I could ring and ask....

I would say it's not the same problem because you corrected the oil level.

Now it's a no start issue.

PS when previously you were told there was no oil left..there must have been some oil otherwise the red light for no oil pressure would have been on. If the red oil light had been on and vehicle driven then catastrophic engine damage could have happened.

Was vehicle driven with red oil light on?

I would say it's not the same problem because you corrected the oil level.

Now it's a no start issue.

PS when previously you were told there was no oil left..there must have been some oil otherwise the red light for no oil pressure would have been on. If the red oil light had been on and vehicle driven then catastrophic engine damage could have happened.

Was vehicle driven with red oil light on?
no oil light ever came on...until i emptied all the oil and put key in....I cleaned it more yesterday, and tried to turn her over, i nearly got hr started, think there is oil under the injectors, gonna get them pulled out and see if she starts and pushes out whatever is there. Will keep you updated! thanks for help so far.

great news you had no oil light(-:

Plus you nearly got it started also great news. Was that with jump start from another vehicle or after recharging battery?

If you can get it started any oil in the cylinders will get burned away, smoky exhaust until it's gone.

well done for sticking with it.

Tip.

When you crank the engine..

Warm the plugs TWICE..

ignition on.. coily glow symbol
Ignition off then back on

Depress clutch pedal.. ignition back on

As soon as coil symbol goes out.
CRANK !!

The reason for pressing the clutch:
It measns you just Crank the engine.. not the Gearbox

A cold gearbox saps power..

With a Compression Ignition motor...
The warmer and faster spinning the better

If it fires on 2 cylinders.. it will kick in the other 2 as revs rise :)

Tip.

When you crank the engine..

Warm the plugs TWICE..

ignition on.. coily glow symbol
Ignition off then back on

Depress clutch pedal.. ignition back on

As soon as coil symbol goes out.
CRANK !!

The reason for pressing the clutch:
It measns you just Crank the engine.. not the Gearbox

A cold gearbox saps power..

With a Compression Ignition motor...
The warmer and faster spinning the better

If it fires on 2 cylinders.. it will kick in the other 2 as revs rise :)
hi again guys! you 2 are great! So I got her started with a jump, left her for a bit, but then something came up and we had to go out so o turned her off...Called RAC today and got her started with jump pack. got them to recover her to garage, who are going to have a look at her next Tues to assess any unseen damage. Will keep you updated.

Fingers xed all the garage have to do is check it over, run it till smoke burns away, charge battery/ check battery, fix oil leak

@drewbles

Any progress??
got the RAC to recover it to the garage...RAC man broke the clutch, snapped the master cylinder...mechanic reckons he got his boot stuck under the clutch pedal and just wrenched his foot out, as the pedal was way up against the dash...have lodged complaint WITH RAC. Parts for that arriving today, so hopefully he will get that sorted and then be able to start vehicle safely and let her run. Will keep you updated

Back