Tuning Oil breather

Currently reading:
Tuning Oil breather

I'm thinking of adding a oil breather as they have said on some websites that it keeps the engine cleaner and stops build up of rubbish within the engine. Has anyone done this and noticed any difference?

Thanks ryan

the t-jet already has an oil breather pipe to the air intake, im guessing the other models have similar items aswell. I have the upgraded FORGE oil breather pipe, just remember a pipe is a lot easier to clean out than a stupid little mushroom breather filter

I've swapped my oil breather pipe for a filter as part of my DIY induction kit.

Basically, at the moment you have a pipe coming from the top of your cam cover which feeds into your induction hose (oil vapours are recirculated through your airbox and back into the engine).

On some older models, this will probably cause the throttle body to clog up a bit and therefore lose a bit of power, but I doubt it's really an issue or more recent cars.

Of course, venting the oil vapours to the atmosphere (as I am with my breather filter) isn't MOT compliant. However, the best solution; if you can be bothered, is to fit an oil catch tank which works in the same way as venting through a filter, but will pass an MOT....I just put my standard airbox back on at MOT time.

If you need photos, I can oblige.

Fit an oil catch tank, big gains to be had,
Especially on lambda monitored vehicles, Cleaner intake less to no chance of Diesel engine run on, oil consumption reduced, cleaner burn.
Especially if you have a TURBO because the breather has to go on the induction side of the turbine so nice dirty turbine fins :yuck:
If your burning oil vapor you aint burning fuel,
The crank/head breather pipe draws in oil vapor which goes into the engine intake, sticks to the inlet valves etc,
because your burning oil vapor, Mr Lambda thinks OMG less fuel needed!! cutting the fuel back, where as if your burning straight fuel you get cleaner more powerful BANG, :D
Had them on most my cars, on my Nissan it had clear pipes, you could watch the oil vapor going to the catch tank and a nice clean clear pipe coming out to the intake pipes, :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SQUARE-OI...arParts_SM&hash=item519c29004c#ht_2534wt_1139

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back