General OCS help!!!

Currently reading:
General OCS help!!!

in trying to silence my airbag warnings i have tried cleaning the connections under the seat and i am now 90% of the way to checking the OCS, i have a big lump in the pass seat. i have been following the guide on the site, however, i have hit a problem taking the seat cover off.
on mine there are about 4 hooks either side holding the seat cover on to a bar in the foam. how have people got round this??
i have a leather seats so i don't know if this is why i have it but it does not appear to be in the guide.
any help would be much appreciated.
cheers

I have leathers and need to get to my ocs mat too, keep the post updated,

I'm thinking maybe relating the matt may fix the issue as I too feel lumps where it's probably creased over, I was thinking of getting one of those ocs emulator boxes to trick it to think there's always someone in the seat

right the seat is back in.
with the ring clips all i did was pull them apart and crimp them back together using long nose pliers, its a bit tight and fiddly but i got it done.
with my OCS mat i just flipped it over and re glued it the other way up making sure it was nice a flat with 0 creases.
the airbag light has now shut up, however, i feel like a bit of a tit now...when i did the connection clean i didnt leave the engine running for much longer than a couple of seconds when i was checking it. when i turned it on again after doing the OCS mat it came up with airbag failure as usual but i let it run on a little longer and...POOF!!! it disappeared. now not sure which one fixed it but happy its gone :D
now onto rerouting sillyspeed cables. fun fun fun

Phil makes a note of that one..(y)

And at krismc OSC emulator boxes ..:chin: if you have a link post it up for all to see..(y)

For the emulator see www.airbag24.de

They're also on eBay Germany.

A member or these forums has suffesfully used it before and I heard some other guys use them when installing nice leather alfa seats.

I'll try straightening my mat out 1st however

but the stilo has smart airbag system, if it thinks someone is in the pass seat (when they are not) & you crash it will detonate that bag requiring new bag & dash? or does the emulator say there is no one in seat thus injuring/killing passenger by not deploying? (I dont read german so cant read link?)

that would be rather expensive in a crash (even slight front end crash but enough to detonate bags...and pretensioner):confused:

surely cheaper/easier to get OCS ?

The passengers airbag will not fire unless the seatbelt is worn. It will not go off if someone is sitting in the seat without the seatbelt on (or if you have the emulator and no one is sitting in the seat)

Anyway if your airbags fire in a crash, the insurance will definitely write the car off, so you dont have to worry about the cost.

Back