General North Yorkshire Moors and Coast Panda Camp 4x4 - June 2016

Currently reading:
General North Yorkshire Moors and Coast Panda Camp 4x4 - June 2016

I'm starting to monitor the weather, local rain falls and few small river water levels.

Knowing how quickly weather forecast can change round Coast and Moor I'm still hoping that it will improve.

If water levels will be high / to high, at least two ford crossings (normally less than 1ft) will get dodgy, detour will be placed.

Some of the forest/field lanes will get muddy, tow rope and wellies are welcome.

Can meet up with my mate Rob in whitby he does army surplus goretex combat boots at a fair price best of both worlds :devil:
Does he normally have US Army semi-truck on his drive and few other NATO green painted vehicles? If yes, I know where he lives.
btw, how much a pair?

Time flies, so here are with just a few days to go.

Friday the 10th - if someone is still interested or want to make surprise to us, we will be leaving White Horse car park (n/Sutton Bank) at Midday 12:00. We will head on towards Helmsley, Hutton-le-Hole, RR, Commondale and Runswick Bay Camp site. Planned arrival 6-7pm. Sign in, set tup the camp, meet & greet other pandas, put fire on BBQ.

Saturday the 11th - early start at 8:15 am, so people arriving at sat morning please keep that in mind. If you're running late we will be heading South towards Pickering so can meet up there to save you extra miles/time ( next to Pickering Castle at 10am). Head on towards coast through various forest lanes, Coffe/tea break at Moorcock Inn. Get to the cost lanes, continue along towards North, more lanes, back to campsite 6:30-7pm, meal at Royal Hotel in old part of Runswick Bay - start no later than 8pm.

Sunday the 12th - start 9am, number of lanes through the moorland, Head down the South ( via RR or not), finish point close to Kirkbymoorside approx. 2-4pm

Some lanes are weather depending as if it will be muddy some sections can take 10x more time.

Map is constantly being updated.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.3...1e3!4m2!6m1!1szJ9WlDlthSHQ.k82RzYTPkuMw?hl=en

I'm open to any questions or suggestions.

Last edited:
It's probably about time for my traditional scrounge fest then eh? :)

If anyone has any of the following lying around then I will happily exchange them for cash, beer or goodwill:

- flame trap pipe from airbox to rocker cover
- starter motor (mine has started sticking)
- one black wheel dustcap (FIAT logo not Sisley) - any condition, one of mine fell off :(

- flame trap pipe from airbox to rocker cover - no,
- starter motor (mine has started sticking) - give him a good lube on the solenoid body.
- one black wheel dustcap (FIAT logo not Sisley) - any condition, one of mine fell off - yes, mine fell off with the wheel.

I can swap the hub cap for pass side top hinge cover.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Small weather update

Friday:

Mostly cloudy with outbreaks of showery rain which could be heavy at times through the afternoon. Cooler but still feeling quite warm in any brighter spells. Maximum Temperature 19 °C.
Outlook for Saturday to Monday:

Unsettled and generally cloudy with showers or longer spells of rain, heavy at times. Rather cool throughout.
Updated at: 1615 on Thu 9 Jun 2016

Fingers crosses ...

Back