General Noise coming from a panel...

Currently reading:
General Noise coming from a panel...

Capirex

Hi

The panel in the picture started to make this insanely annoying noise whenever the car bends into corners and is driving me nuts :bang: Can I just pull it off or is it fixed somehow? Do I have to remove the other panels before pulling it off? Most of the sound seems to originate from the area I marked with the cool red circle :)

Thanks!

Kari

Is it like a creaking/groaning sort of noise ? if so, it is likely to be the old door lock and striker problem or again problems with the rear seat fixings. Does it also make a noise when going over bumps?

Is it like a creaking/groaning sort of noise ? if so, it is likely to be the old door lock and striker problem or again problems with the rear seat fixings. Does it also make a noise when going over bumps?

It's more like a creaking noise. But I am 100% sure that it comes from the part shown in the picture.

@Capirex Did you resolve the problem? I have it exactly the same and is pretty annoying.

like matt said theres nothing under there to make such a noise. i doubt it will be the seats as i had that problem & it was constant, not just when cornering. you could try driving with your back seats down anyway to be sure.

if you're hell bent on removing the panel to have a look its easy you just need to remove the parcel shelf mount for which there are two screws iirc and they both then just pull off.

also, how can you be sure exactly where its coming from if you're driving at the time? how do you know its that panel..

Last edited:
Actually it is comming from that direction. I did:

- apply insulation tape on the door hatches - no result
- try driving with back seats down - no result
- try driving with open rear door (I was not alone :) ) - for sure the noise is comming from that area but also seems that it can be heard from outside

To be more precise, the noise is similar to one produced by loosen washer and is present only when outside temperature is above 18 degrees.
Now, the main suspect is shock absorber (top) carrier and I tried applying WD40 but nothing changed. In that direction, I don't know what else to do, so if you have an idea...
I will have to check also the seat belt reel as it is fixed to that pillar.

Ok, I have removed that panel and checked seat belt reel.It is fixed well.
Now two things remain - rear suspension and fuel filler neck. For the second one I will have to take my car to the workshop. Any ideas?

I have founded it!

I took my car to the workshop and asked them to remove and grease the shock absorbers carriers. You guess - problem didn't dissapear!
Back home, frustrated, I took WD40, laid under the vehicle and sprayed ALL possible cables/carriers in front of the rear right wheel. Finally, there is no more f.....g creaking!

Sorry for my grammatical mistake but this is technical and not literate forum.

I didn't coat everything but only ALL carriers in that area.
Anyway, I appreciate your problem-solving participation to this thread.

Last edited:
Back