no wonder pixar dumped disney....

Currently reading:
no wonder pixar dumped disney....

You mean Santa isn't a Disney character? And that Disney didn't write the original versions of Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book etc.?

Jeez, my whole childhood was a sham!

Poor old Walt himself must be turning in his grave as to how his company has become a mega corporate money making business machine that has somehow lost the magic and spirit he originally created. (n)

P.S. I wasn't impressed with Disney World Florida anyway. It was the most over the top commercial theme park I've ever been to, with hard sell tactics EVERYWHERE. You couldn't turn your head for a second without some advert/ stall/ sales person encouraging you to spend your money on some product tie-in with some Disney related film etc.

Corporate greed, and not the Wonderful World of Disney that I grew up with :cry:

I thought Pixar was owned by Disney.

Anyway Santa is over 300 years old and Disney only started in 1928, so they must be wrong unless they bought him as well.

Seraph said:
wasn't santa a coca-cola character?

You are absolutely right. Santa or St Nicholas to be precise, wears green and white. It was Coca Cola in the early 20th century that made hime wear red and white for an advertising campaign.

American copy right laws are terrible, when I was into aircooled VWs, VAG america copy righted anything word related to VW, Bug, Buggy, Beetle even the letters VW.

100s of small companies producing VW hoodies, mugs etc went out of buisness or were forced to close, unless they paid a huge some in royalties to VAG america, they tried here, but common sense prevailed.

Back